About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
His Eye Is On the Sparrow
Happy Mothers' Day
It's a Beautiful Day
Thankful Thursday
Trust
Thankful
The Dung Beetle
Lightening Up a Bit
In Other Words
"Much - Afraid"

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Wednesday, May 16, 2007
A Meme!
I’ve been tagged by two of my sweet friends, Iris and Linds, to do the Seven Weird Things Meme. I did the Six Weird Things Meme a long time ago, and I’ve been searching my little brain for seven more things worth writing (or reading) about. I’m not sure these are it, but here goes:


1. I wear a retainer at night. When I was a teenager I had braces and was given a retainer to wear at night once my teeth were all lined up correctly. I wore it faithfully until I got married. Somehow it just didn’t seem very “romantic”. As a result – my teeth ever so sneakily returned to their crooked state. So….I got braces again about ten years ago. I am much wiser now and wear my retainer every night except Wednesday and Saturday. I have established those as my “nights off”. I know….weird.

2. I have a little notebook in which I record all the books I’ve read and the date I finished reading them. This has a two-fold purpose. First – I like to count up how many books I’ve read in a year. Second (and more important) it keeps me from buying books I have already read. Sounds silly I know, however I have on a few occasions bought a book I thought would be a wonderful read only to discover when I got it home that I already had it (and had read it !!). Hence the notebook.

3. I am an extremely shy person. I sometimes forget that about myself because I am, more often than not, in my “comfort zone”. It is rare that I am in new situations with new people. When I am, I am suddenly that shy little girl who dreaded being left alone to make conversation with people. I dread being the center of attention and hate those “tell everyone about yourself” things we do at the beginning of every new Bible Study.

4. I interrupt people. It’s something I’m working on. In spite of my innate shyness, when I am with the people I’m comfortable with – I tend to run off at the mouth. I’m so busy thinking about what I want to say I don’t listen as I should and tend to jump in before the other person is finished talking. My poor husband isn’t as quick on the draw as I am, and I find myself finishing his sentences and jumping in before he has finished his thought (or even started his thought). I could kick myself when I think back over the conversation – and I feel terrible. I vow I will not do it again – and then of course I do. I’m really working on this one. I pray before hand and ask the Lord to help me be a good listener.

5. I used to bite my fingernails – right down to the quick – as my Mom would say. I finally stopped when my boyfriend (who is now my husband) said it looked ugly. That was all it took. I haven’t bitten my nails since!

6. When I find a movie I love, I watch it over and over and over again. For example, I can pretty much recite the whole dialogue to “Pride and Prejudice”. I know exactly what you are thinking, “I am all astonishment!”

7. I love being with family and friends, but there is a little part of me that is rather reclusive. I could really be perfectly happy stuck in a little house in the middle of hundreds of acres. As long as I got to visit every once in a while, I would be quite content.

There are certain rules attached to this meme concerning tagging others, but I think just about everyone has already done this. If you haven’t been tagged, consider it done!! Let me know if you do it.

Blessings,
 
  posted at 11:47 AM
  15 comments



15 Comments:
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

I love your answers - I had braces as an adult and lost my retainer after wearing it for years. I would probably still be wearing it otherwise.

I'm not shy, but I too have the habit of interrupting people. Bad habit, I agree!

I love the post before this one - I'm really behind! The analogy was beautiful. Did you say it was a "rerun?" So does that mean the situation you were referring to is not a current one?

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Okay, Linda, this is just plain weird! I had braces as an adult (several years ago), so I wear a retainer at night as well.

AND, if THAT's not enough, Pride & Prejudice (2005 version) is my ALL-time favorite movie. In fact, it's the ONLY movie I can rewatch. It is utterly charming and just beautiful.

Who knew we were both so weird? LOL

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Hi Linda,
I loved learning a few more new things about you. The idea of keeping a notebook about the books you've read is a good one. I just recently bought a book that looked new, but was a re release that I had read several years ago!
xo

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Numbers 4,5 and 7....we could be twins, Linda. Seriously.

And I just recently bought a book I had already bought and read. I took both my old book and the new one back to Walmart to prove I had actually bought the book and had a copy, and not just bought it to read and return to get my money back. I've done that several times, actually, and just given one of the copies to one of my sisters.

Not as weird as you thought, huh? Or maybe it's just that we're BOTH weird. ;D

Love and hugs,

Diane

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger someone else said...

Those were fun facts, Linda! Keeping a reading list is a pretty good idea.

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Linds said...

I have also bought books I have already got. Don't you hate it when they are republished with different covers? Your notebook is a great idea. I must start that too. I loved reading more about you, though I would NEVER have guessed you were shy! That is the beauty of blogging!

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

I use to bite my finger nails too and I am so glad that is behind me. I also love my alone time. It is always fun to read the answers to these meme's because I always learn something new. Thanks for sharing.

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Pear tree cottage! said...

Linda hi!!! ((smiles)) I think your meme was great and shy is one thing I would not have considered about you, you do not show this in your beautiful posts.

when I read these meme's I learn some wonderful things about blogger friends and have today too.

Lee-ann

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

I so enjoyed reading your answers to this meme! I can relate to the being shy part...I'm the same way, especially in a crowd and I really detest being the center of attention!! I wore a retainer for a couple of years but it was because I was grinding my teeth while I slept! xoxo

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger TheNormalMiddle said...

Shy? You seem so outgoing here in blogland! :) I enjoyed reading your 7 things.

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

I'm so like you on #6. I've seen Apollo 13 I don't know how many times.

I bought a really nice little book journal at Chapters last year. It's specifically to record your books and has space to wrtie comments and ratings.

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Oh Linda...#3 #4 #6 and #7....I could have written those answers! :)

And I thought #2 really interesting...hmmm...that's an idea...:)

I have been tagged for this, too, and I did those 6 weird things awhile also. So that really means we have to think of 7 extra ones, now, huh...
(I'm going to do mine next week. I have part 2 coming late tonight on the Flower Girl story.)

Blessings!

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I don't have a retainer, but I recently got a night guard because I clench my teeth. It took some getting used to but I told myself I need to wear it!

I'm also a shy person and I do have a bad habit of interrupting as well!

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger FlipFlop Mom said...

YIKES!! I'm so guilty of #4 too.. that I now try and MAKE Myself NOT talk.... I really do.. but it's so hard!!!!!!!

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger eph2810 said...

Thank you so much for 'playing' along. As I have said so many times, I love to learn a little more about me sisters in Christ--and these memes tend to do that :).

For some reason I can not even imagine that you interrupt people talking.

I am a shy person by nature too. The other day one of my co-workers commented that I am always so quiet. Well, I don't have too much to add to conversations - I am just there to do my job :)...

Thanks again for sharing.

Have a wonderful weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home