About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
It's a Beautiful Day
Thankful Thursday
Trust
Thankful
The Dung Beetle
Lightening Up a Bit
In Other Words
"Much - Afraid"
Stuff
He Knows Your Name

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Saturday, May 12, 2007
Happy Mothers' Day




I wrote this post last August when I first started blogging. I thought I would post it again for Mothers' Day.

My Mom is celebrating her 83rd birthday this Sunday, and I’ve been thinking about how precious she is to me.

Thirteen Things I Love About My Mom

1. She loves me unconditionally. There isn’t anything I can’t tell her. She is my best girlfriend.

2. At 83 she is still learning. She loves to read and remembers more of what she reads than I do.

3. She is so creative. She writes beautifully, draws, sews – but what she does best is make some of the most beautiful quilts you have ever seen. I wept when I opened the box and saw the one she made for us that is now on our bed. The craftsmanship is exquisite, and every stitch is a testimony of her loving nature.

4. She still sends birthday cards to everyone in our extended family and still writes letters by hand (although she can e-mail too).

5. She can tell a great joke – without forgetting the punch line (not like some of us who will remain nameless).

6. She is a terrific cook. Since she and my Dad have come to live in the apartment my wonderful husband made them off the back of our house, my cholesterol count isn’t doing very well. It is delightful to be sitting watching television and hear the little knock on our door knowing that a fresh-from-the-oven dessert is on the way!

7. She is so patient. She is teaching me to quilt – and anyone else in the family who is interested (including little seven year old great-granddaughters.)

8. She hugs and kisses everyone (I’m sure this has nothing to do with the fact that she is Italian.). Not one of our friends comes to visit that doesn’t get a hug and a kiss on the cheek on the way out the door.

9. She is very wise. She truly is the one I still go to for advice. I see the way she has graciously lived her life, and I know she walks the talk.

10. She has the gift of hospitality. Their home has been open to everyone from missionary families to foreign exchange students. And she has kept in touch with every one of them!

11. So many other women think of her as “mom”. I must admit I get just a tiny bit jealous when I see how close she is to so many younger women.

12. She loves to travel and is always ready for an adventure.

13. She loves the Lord. I am so blessed to have her for my Mom. I can’t imagine my life without her. I am a grandmother myself, but it is such a comfort to still be someone’s “honey”. Thank You Lord – for my mom.


HAPPY MOTHERS' DAY EVERYONE!!

Blessings,
 
  posted at 11:07 AM
  14 comments



14 Comments:
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Lovely tribute!
You and your mother are both blessed to have each other!
Wishing you both a very Happy Mother's Day.
xo

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Happy Mother's day to you too!

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Erin said...

She sounds like an amazing woman!!

I wanted to hop over here to wish you a very special mother's day! You are a special lady with a huge heart!!

Happy Mothers Day, Linda!!

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger Heather said...

A beautiful tribute, Linda. I long to be this type of mother when I am old--though I think quilting is out. :) Have a blessed mother's day.

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

what a beautiful tribute to your mom! Thanks for reposting it; happy mother's day to you!

 
At 12:12 AM, Blogger Cathy Fry said...

Your mom sounds amazing for being 83. Have a great Mothers Day yourself! I pray that if I'm around at 83 my children can speak of me so highly as you speak of your mother.

 
At 2:26 AM, Blogger eph2810 said...

What an incredible, beautiful tribute to your mom, my friend. How awesome that you are living that close to each other -- what a blessing!

Very cool that your parents still can travel and have adventures together.

Be blessed today and always -- Happy Mother's Day.

 
At 3:18 AM, Blogger Linds said...

Happy Mother's Day to you both! Your Mum sounds like an amazing lady. My Mum also lives with me.

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger someone else said...

This is such a beautiful tribute. You are truly blessed to be sharing life with your Mother. Happy Mother's Day to both of you.

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

Happy Mother's Day to you friend!

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger Werna Gail said...

I have not been posting lately but I wanted to check your site and I'm so glad I did as I really enjoyed reading this tribute to your mother, how beautiful, you are both so blessed to have such a
wonderful relationship.I was close to my mother and I miss her very much, she passed on in 1985.

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Chris @ Come to the Table said...

Happy Mother's Day!

May the Lord bless you!

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

This was beautiful. I am blessed to have my mom close by and need to do a tribute to her - and to my sister. So much to write, so little time!!

I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day. I did, though I'm tired!

Kev and I finally finished our Part 8 of our story.

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger rena said...

Great tribute...they had little kids in church today say "I love my mom because......" and it was so cute...your tribute reminded me of that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home