About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Thankful Thursday
Trust
Thankful
The Dung Beetle
Lightening Up a Bit
In Other Words
"Much - Afraid"
Stuff
He Knows Your Name
Thankful Thursday and The Caterpillar

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Friday, May 11, 2007
It's a Beautiful Day





It is a beautiful day!! We have had uncharacteristically muggy, rainy weather for us here in South Central Texas. While we are very thankful for the rain (we have just come out of a very long drought) we sure do miss our sunshine. It rained again the other night, but yesterday and today are just "diamonds". Blue sky, sunshine and gentle breezes - I love it!!

My husband got our bikes out of his shop, put air in the tires and we started bike riding again a few days ago. I have to confess that although we walk all the time it just isn't the same. There are muscles in my legs that obviously don't come into play while walking because these muscles just "cry out in pain" when I first start riding again. I managed to ride a fair distance the first day, but I felt like my legs were made of rubber when I got off my bike. I'm doing better now.

This morning we set off, and it was just gorgeous. There is something about a day like this that just lifts the spirit. Nothing has changed - but the sun is out and things just don't look as bad as they did when the skies were dark and the rain was lashing the house.

I have a "zillion" things to do today so I'd better get moving. Just one other thought. I don't know if it's just me, but I have noticed that the older I get the clumsier I get. I have broken more things in the last few years than in my entire childhood. Glasses seem to just jump out of my grasp and break into pieces on the tile floor. I'm forever tripping over things.

So what happened when I went to the gas station down the street to get gas for my husband's mower should come as no surprise. He was working on the blades of the riding mower, so I went to get the gas for him. I've done it lots of time. No big deal; no special skill required. Just put the gas in the little container. I was trying to be careful not to have it overflow. I looked up at the swiftly escalating numbers (I wanted to stop at the appropriate number of gallons) and as I did so I moved my hand and proceeded to get gas all over the container and my foot. My word!! What a mess. I had to wash down the container with the windshield cleaner thingy so I could put it back in the trunk without making a total mess. I decided the gas on the pavement would evaporate (not having a hose at my disposal). I wiped off my foot and headed home.

Honestly, I don't think it's safe to send me on these sorts of errands any more. My shoe is sitting out on the porch (I will probably never get the gasoline smell out of it)- and I still can't get the smell of gas off my hands no matter how many times I wash them. I'm beginning to think my life resembles an "I Love Lucy" episode. I do make myself laugh - and I'm sure I provide great entertainment for anyone who happens to be watching.

Okay - I really have to get going. Hopefully I won't do any more damage as I dust and vacuum. All the good stuff is packed away - so it should be all right.

Blessings,
 
  posted at 12:48 PM
  14 comments



14 Comments:
At 1:55 PM, Blogger kittyhox said...

What a beautiful picture. Is that a photo that you took or a download?

I always pictured Texas as not-so-hilly. (That's my polite attempt at flat.) But the only parts of Texas I've ever seen were the DFW airport and driving across the little top part (next to Oklahoma) on a cross country tip, and I think it was in the dark.

So, anyway, how pretty!

Good luck with your bike riding! And sorry about your shoe!

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Kelli said...

That picture made me smile. Relax :)

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Beautiful picture and it looks like the kind of day for a great bike ride. Happy Mother's Day!

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Julie said...

LOVE your picture, Linda. Is that near your place? It sure is beautiful.Don't you just love gorgeous days?

It's awful here right now. Wildfires are everywhere...there's a smoky haze that's so thick you can't breathe if you go outside.

I don't know if you're getting klutzier, but if you start stuffing chocolates down your shirt, I'll have no choice but to call you Lucy.

LOL

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Bike riding in Texas. Sounds awesome! It's good you can laugh over spilled gas! HA. Thanks for stopping by my place.
Blessings on your weekend.

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger rena said...

Lovely photo. Too bad about the gasoline..the smell would be enough to do me in.
Hope you enjoy your weekend and more bike rides

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Your weather sounds picture perfect.
I can only imagine that you use quite different muscles when bicyling. We climb really steep hils, and can feel different muscles working too than on the flat.
Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day. You wrote so beautifully about your relationship. It is indeed a gift from Above..
xo

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Let's definitely change our age for these episodes! But then I've been clumsy all of my life. I can so relate!

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Oops - that was supposed to say, "let's BLAME our age." I can't even write right! I don't think we can change our age, no matter how much we'd like to.

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Good for you on the bike riding. I know what you mean about sore muscles. I started to jog a little over the last two weeks, and I am so sore. Have a great weekend. Happy Mother's Day!

 
At 12:00 AM, Blogger Holly said...

Happy Mother's Day Linda!

You tell a good story! Also I love the scene and miss Texas!!

Enjoy this weekend, Sister...may it be filled with biking and laughter and kiddos!
Love,
Holly

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger Cyndi said...

Oh, I just love the way you wrote this post. I was laughing with you, but it was so tender...

I was just thinking the other day I want to start riding my bike again. Good for you! I love this time of year for Texas weather- when it's not boiling up storms or spinnin' up a twister it can be darn near perfect, can't it? I loved the picture!

And if you start taping the "I Love Linda" show, let me know. I'd be a faithful viewer. :)

Happy Mother's Day!

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Well now I feel a whole lot better to know that I'm not the only one getting clumsier as I get older! lol What happened to you at the gas station is something that would happen to me! hehe Glad to hear you're enjoying bike riding again...it won't be long before your muscles get used to the activity again! Have a marvellous weekend and a Happy Mother's Day to you my friend! xoxo

 
At 2:39 AM, Blogger eph2810 said...

Ah - your bike riding just sounds lovely. Too much traffic around here - no nice roads to take for a bike ride. The next canal is too far away to have a relaxing bike ride. In case like that, I wish we would live in a country side setting...

BTW - I have tagged you with a meme...it is under the mothers day picture I posted.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home