About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Happy Mothers' Day
It's a Beautiful Day
Thankful Thursday
Trust
Thankful
The Dung Beetle
Lightening Up a Bit
In Other Words
"Much - Afraid"
Stuff

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Monday, May 14, 2007
His Eye Is On the Sparrow
I love the way the Lord uses simple things to teach me profound lessons. I walk every day (okay - nearly every day) with my husband. However, this particular day I was walking alone. When I'm alone, I use the time to have a talk with the Lord. Mostly it's me talking. I'm learning to listen, but it isn't an easy discipline for me.

This particular morning I was feeling overwhelmed by the circumstances we were dealing with. More to the point, I was terribly afraid. It felt as though I was buried alive under the weight of something I was powerless to do anything about. I was struggling with the "whys" - "Why Lord? You could have changed this. I prayed so hard. I believed You would answer my prayer. What is going to happen now? I can't bear to even think about what the future holds. It's so frightening Lord. Where are You?"

There are a couple of little hills on my walk, and as I came to the crest of the second hill I saw a dead sparrow lying in the road. He didn't have a mark on him - just looked like he was sleeping. I stopped to make sure he really was dead (I don't know what I would have done if he was just injured. I'm not good in emergency situations. We've had to rescue a couple of hummingbirds - but that's another story.) He was, and I moved him over into the grass.

As I continued to walk it was as if the Lord said, "Linda, I saw that sparrow fall. I know the poor little thing is dead. I know." He knew - and if He knew that, He knew all about my situation. If in this vast universe, He saw a sparrow fall, He certainly sees me.

I am so thankful. I can put my trust in Him and know that He never misses a thing. He is concerned about everything that comes into my life.

I don't believe that anything can come into my life that does not first pass through God's hands. Sometimes, as with Job, it can be something very difficult, but I believe if I simply trust Him, He will work everything out for my good. It may not be in the way I planned, but it will be for my good.

This is another post I wrote last summer. I was just looking back at some of my earliest posts and thought I would republish a few. Truthfully it's been a busy time, and I haven't had a chance to write something new. So here's my "rerun".


Blessings,
 
  posted at 2:16 PM
  10 comments



10 Comments:
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Barb said...

Perfect timing, Linda. I am continually reminded of this, as recently as last night. Your sweet words of encouragement during this difficult and scary time with Cameron have meant the world to me.

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Thanks for rerunning this Linda. It has a wonderful message.
xo

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Linds said...

I agree with Barb and Susie... this is a good time to rerun this lovely post, Linda. I also needed the reminder today.

PS I have tagged you for a meme, if you want to do it. I can't remember if you have already.

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Beautiful, Linda...it's so easy to be scared sometimes, or even just plain worry...but God not only sees, He is in control!
Blessings!

 
At 11:22 PM, Blogger rena said...

Definitely!! His eye is on you and yes, this was an excellent reminder!

 
At 7:05 AM, Blogger Susie said...

Oh Linda, I needed to read this rerun post so badly today. With all the praying and crying out for God I have done over the last several months for my house to sell, I tend to wonder if maybe he has forgotten I HAVE TO SELL QUICK. Of course he hasn't forgotten, and His plan is so much better than mine. I love knowing he was listening, even before the words were spoken out loud. You are such a blessing!

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger eph2810 said...

Thank you for sharing your 'rerun' my friend.

Yes, sometimes it is hard to understand the whys -- but like you said, He knows what is best for us. Even if it hurts.

Be blessed today and always.

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Kristen said...

That was a very great post to re-run and a very good reminder that we are never truly alone.

Thank you!

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Julie said...

Well, Linda, for a rerun it sure was great.

It's so hard not to ask "why?" isn't it? I am having surgery on my shoulder in less than a week. I don't understand "why", and I surelyl don't like it, so I'm struggling to trust the Lord in it all. (More later on my blog)

Thanks for this timely post...you're a blessing!

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger CocoChanel the Maltipoo said...

I have been reading your posts since you began your blog. I do not read daily but come at least once a week. I almost did not visit this morning because I have set aside this day to rest in the Lord. I know that God brought me here this morning to remind me of his provisions so that I can rest in simple child-like faith and complete trust.

Thank you for reposting this.

Debbie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home