About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Thankful Thursday
A Meme!
His Eye Is On the Sparrow
Happy Mothers' Day
It's a Beautiful Day
Thankful Thursday
Trust
Thankful
The Dung Beetle
Lightening Up a Bit

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Monday, May 21, 2007
Feeling Rich (and Blessed)



Last thursday my Dad called to ask if we would take them into the city to meet a friend who was attending a convention there. My parents haven't done enough driving into the city to be familiar with the intricacies of its one way streets and confusing construction detours (why is it they are never finished with these street projects?) so they needed some help. My husband quickly agreed.

So friday afternoon found us wending our way into the city. With only one misstep we arrived at their friend's hotel. He met us in the lobby and it was so sweet to see how delighted he was to see my parents. They used to be neighbors in Pennsylvania and attended the same church. They hadn't seen each other since my parents moved here three years ago.

It was such a beautiful day we decided to eat lunch on the River walk. It was just a short walk from the hotel so we made our way around the corner and down the steps to the River walk. We found a nice restaurant and sat at one of the outdoor tables.

Usually by this time of year it is almost too hot to sit outdoors at noon, but we have been having real spring weather this year. There was a pleasant breeze, the sun was shining, there was warm conversation and good food - and I felt like a queen.

There really is no big point to this post except to say how the seemingly little things in life can make one feel so rich. I don't know what it is about eating outdoors that makes me feel that way - but it does. I sit there and just think how blessed I am. Sharing that time with loved ones just makes it even "richer".

It was a lovely afternoon.

Blessings,
 
  posted at 1:43 PM
  8 comments



8 Comments:
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Sounds like a perfect afternoon.
I know how much your parents must have appreciated your husband driving them.
We ate dinner on the deck yesterday and the only noise was from the birds, the breeze in the trees, and the fish jumping in the pond. Sheer delight :)
xo

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Oh Linda, it certainly does sound like a most delightful afternoon! The area where you ate looks so lovely!! I'm glad you and your hubby were able to bring your parents to go meet their friend:-) xox

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger Linds said...

Linda, it sounds perfect to me too. I love the way you delight in the small things. It is a rel blessing for all of us!

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger eph2810 said...

Amen to that. I always feel that way when my Sweetheart and I go 'on the road' like yesterday. We are always so busy with life that we sometimes forget to take in the surroundings and just realize who blessed we are.
Looks like a wonderful place you went to--something that I would enjoy greatly.
Thank you for sharing your trip.

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger Pear tree cottage! said...

Linda it is ALWAYS! nice to visit your blog. I know you will make me smile with happiness at knowing you and the jpy of reading your post.

You sound like you had a very nice time and yes truly blessed I would say.
Lee-ann

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

What a pretty pic of the River Walk! My best friend got married there and it was such a lovely setting!

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Chris @ Come to the Table said...

These are the things that we should feel rich and blessed by. I love that you shared it this way.

Spring has been absolutely beautiful so far.

Thank you Lord!

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Susan said...

I love to eat at cafe's with outdoor and patio dining. Just seems to make the food taste better. We enjoyed visiting San Antonio and the River Walk very much once.
Susan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home