About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
POWER
One Thousand Gifts
JUST CALL ME "SPEEDY'!
A Tree Firmly Planted
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY
The Rose and The Storm
Counting My Many Blessings
Other Things
PRAYER
1000 Gifts

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Girls' Lunch


Yesterday I met three friends for lunch. We met at a little restaurant near my home called The Gathering Place. It is an old home that has been moved to the restaurant site. All of the little rooms remain much as they were before it changed from a well-loved home to a cozy restaurant. There is a quaint front porch with rocking chairs to sit in while you wait for your friends to arrive. When you walk in the front door, you step onto old wooden floors. Each room is decorated in a different color scheme with lovely antiques, old fire places and intricate moldings all around the doors and windows. It really is like stepping into someone's dining room.

As if that wasn't enough, the food is delicious. You can even order High Tea (we've decided we really must do that some time). Everything homemade, and the deserts are absolutely irresistible (so we didn't - resist I mean).

The best part of all was spending time with those three precious friends. Our friendship began in a small Bible Study group years ago. We used to see each other every week. Now months go by before we are able to get everyone's schedule to allow us a visit. Yesterday two of our number had things come up at the last minute that kept them from coming. It doesn't seem to matter how much time goes by between visits; we just pick up the conversation as though we had never stopped talking.

Sharing conversation with women who love the Lord and love each other is a rich blessing indeed. The Father knew it wasn't good for us to try to get along all on our own. He knew that sometimes we just need someone with skin on to share our deepest moments. I have laughed, prayed and cried with these friends. I have called them at inconvenient times and had them stop everything to pray with me. I have known the indescribable comfort of a wordless hug just when I needed it most.

We could have sat and chatted all day, but the restaurant closes at three, and our sweet little waitress looked as though she was afraid we might never leave. So we reluctantly went out to the parking lot, exchanged hugs and promised we wouldn't wait such a long time to do this again.

Blessings,
 
  posted at 5:18 PM
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At 7:09 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

Oh Linda this sounds absolutely wonderful. I'm so glad you had this beautiful time with such dear friends! Moments such as those are truly ones to treasure!

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Good times with good friends! Wonderful memories are made from days like this!
xo

 
At 6:53 AM, Blogger Girl Raised in the South said...

Oh those wonderfully long lunches or coffees with dear friends. We've had the waitress come and tell us she needs to cash us out so she can leave, and we still stay even after that! Sounds like a wonderful time together.

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger Ann Voskamp @Holy Experience said...

Thank you for sharing tea with us, Linda... your beautiful heart blesses.

I send love,
Ann

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Marilyn in Mississippi said...

A couple of my friends used to have a little restaurant fixed up just as you described this one....plus they sold the antiques that they decorated with....and they also had the most delicious homemade desserts! I know exactly what you mean about being able to pick up the conversation where you left off even if you were interrupted months ago....friends like that are so wonderful. Makes me want to set up an appointment to have lunch with some of my Christian friends that I haven't seen in a while! :)

God bless you...
Marilyn in MS

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Kerri said...

I'm returning the sentiment, Linda..how I love visiting your blog! Your words are always such a blessing.
That restaurant sounds like the perfect setting for your 'girl's lunch'. They're such fun, aren't they? I'm glad you had a wonderful time with your good friends..and shared it with us.
How exciting to finally have broadband. I know the feeling exactly..and yes, so much at our fingertips. We are lucky indeed, and blessed.
How neat that our husbands were born so close together. I'll say Happy birthday to your husband now, in case I forget in 2 weeks. My memory being a bit faulty :)
Lovely to hear from you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home