About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
JUST CALL ME "SPEEDY'!
A Tree Firmly Planted
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY
The Rose and The Storm
Counting My Many Blessings
Other Things
PRAYER
1000 Gifts
"Closed"
Apology to Grackles

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Friday, May 16, 2008
One Thousand Gifts






"His mercies are new every morning and fresh every evening. Who can know the number of His benefits, or recount the list of His bounties? Every sand which drops from the glass of time is but the tardy follower of a myriad of mercies. The wings of our hours are covered with the silver of His kindness, and with the yellow gold of His affection. The river of time bears from the mountains of eternity the golden sands of His favour. The countless stars are but as the standard bearers of a more innumerable host of blessings...How shall my soul extol Him who daily loadeth us with benefits, and who crowneth us with lovingkindness? O that my praise could be as ceaseless as His bounty."
C.H. Spurgeon




151 - Precious granddaughters - making Mother's Day all the more delightful.

152 - The roll of thunder and flash of lightning as I lay snuggled under the covers, and then the rain. Oh how we needed the rain.

153 - The cardinals who come to bathe and drink at our bird bath - mates for life.

154 - The road runner gliding across the front lawn bearing food (sorry little lizard) for the little ones.

155 - A brand new recliner for Dad so he can be comfortable at night.

156 - My Mom passing down treasures so that she can "watch us enjoy them." Two tiny china cups for me; one from each of my Grandmothers. I will treasure them and some day pass them down to my daughter.

157 - This one is a rather selfish one - but I am so thankful for Broadband. The Father is so good to give us things "just because".

158 - Comfort and strength in times of difficulty.

159 - Good conversation with new friends.

160 - Long walks under a clear blue sky with the wind blowing through the trees and the sun shining brightly.

161 - Music - always music (but His music). It is absorbed into the spirit and is, in its own way, life-changing. It was music that drew my husband back to the Lord. It is music that reminds me of truths my heart sometimes forgets.

162 - the written word. It miraculously draws us together, teaches, enriches, touches our emotions - and His word that lives and breathes.

Blessings,
 
  posted at 3:28 PM
  7 comments



7 Comments:
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

What a lovely picture!

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Your granddaughters are beautiful, Linda! You are indeed blessed.

I'm a little selfish too, but I'm glad you've got broadband. Maybe you'll be able to post a little more since it's faster, and still keep your internet time balanced with the rest of your life.

Have a great weekend, my friend! :o)

Love and hugs,

Diane

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Such beautiful girls!

I love your list. And I know you'll love the speedy internet!

Thank you for your prayers - only God can work this out!

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Susanne said...

What beautiful girls!

I love your list. I can relate to every one!

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger Susie said...

Hi Linda,
Your little granddaughters are just adorable.
Loved reading your list of blessings, and like Diane, I'm glad you got broadband. It certainly makes things more speedy, doesn't it??
xo

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger Cyndi said...

Precious, precious girls! What a great picture!

I just love these posts. I feel myself being thankful right along with you. I think I'll drink out of one of my great-aunt's tea cups this evening. :)

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger Ann Voskamp @Holy Experience said...

Beautiful girls--like you!
I smile. Your legacy radiates, Linda.

And it rained? Really? Ah, thank you, thank you, thank you, Lord.

A chair for Dad... I hope he is feeling better, yes?

I send much love to you all...
(((Linda)))

All's grace,
Ann

 

Post a Comment

<< Home