About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
The Rose and The Storm
Counting My Many Blessings
Other Things
PRAYER
1000 Gifts
"Closed"
Apology to Grackles
One Thousand Gifts and Answered Prayer
Shadow and Light
Under the Weather

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Saturday, May 10, 2008
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY



As the old adage says, "a picture is worth a thousand words." In truth, I don't have words to adequately express what is in my heart. When I was a little girl playing with dolls; when I was a teenager praying to know God's will for my life; when I began college in pursuit of a career (because, after all, these were the fledgling years of women's lib. - and we were all going to be whatever we wanted to be),all that time my heart really yearned to be just like my Mom. My real desire was marriage and family; my dream career homemaker.

I have been blessed to live out that dream, but in those early years I could never have imagined all it would encompass. Here we are, 41 years later - four generations of family. I didn't know how deep my love for my husband and children would run, how all-consuming it would be. I couldn't imagine the joy of seeing my children grow into such amazing adults. And grandchildren... blessing upon blessing.

Add to all that the blessing of having my Mom still with me - and I am thankful beyond words. The picture says it all - four generations of "US". Thank You Father for giving me the desires of my heart.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL THE MOMS! Have a blessed and joyful day.

Blessings,
 
  posted at 11:41 AM
  8 comments



8 Comments:
At 10:39 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

What a great picture - and what a high calling we have to be wife, mother, grandmother, daughter, mother-in-law. I am looking forward to being back home. I loved the years abefore I had to go to work.

Did you see the picture in my last post of my family reunion? I just love it.

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Happy Mother's Day, Linda. I hope it's the best one ever for you. :o)

Love and hugs,

Diane

 
At 1:56 AM, Blogger Linds said...

Happy Mother's Day, Linda!
You are living your dream, and I know just what you mean.

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Heather said...

Just stopping by to say have a blessed Mother's Day.

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too, dear Linda, I do hope it's been a simply marvelous one for you:-) What a lovely picture of your family, that truly is awesome to have 4 generations!! xoxo

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Donnetta said...

A picture to truly treasure! WOW!

Happy (belated) Mother's Day! Trusting it was full of wonderful moments to place deep within your heart!

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

What a wonderful family picture...and what a beautiful post!
Yes, there is no higher calling...in service, a couple sang a song for mothers that brought me to tears, "You're changing the world...one heartbeat at a time."

I just posted similar sentiments about being blessed to have my girls, and my 81 yr old mom still with me, too...

A very Happy Mother's Day Linda! Hope it was wonderful!

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Chris @ Come to the Table said...

Happy Mother's Day!

What a wonderful photo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home