About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Other Things
PRAYER
1000 Gifts
"Closed"
Apology to Grackles
One Thousand Gifts and Answered Prayer
Shadow and Light
Under the Weather
Weeds
Heaven's Technology

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Saturday, May 03, 2008
Counting My Many Blessings
We have just come home from a walk with our neighbors who live just down the street from us. She is one of my favorite people. We used to walk together every day. Then she went to work in the office at the Christian School just up the street from us, and my husband started walking with me. Now she and her husband walk with us on Saturday mornings. (We have also gotten them interested in biking and we do that once in a while too, but we opted for the walk today.) The men walk way ahead of us. We do our best to keep up but aren't very successful. I think it has to do with the fact that we are trying to catch up on a week's worth of conversation. I enjoy this time of sharing so much. She never fails to encourage me in the Lord - never.

When we got home I set the oven on self-clean, put in a load of laundry and cleaned the bathrooms. I am sitting here at my computer while my oven is being cleaned and the clothes are being washed - what a blessing. I often think my Grandmothers would have been amazed at our modern conveniences. In fact, I remember that my Mom had a wringer washing machine when I was a little girl. When I say I'm going to do the laundry, all I mean is I'm going to throw the clothes in there and push a few buttons. My Grandmother would have been busy scrubbing and boiling and hanging out clothes all day long. Even I remember the days of Easy-Off oven cleaner. There was nothing easy about that job!

I am able to clean the oven because it is such a beautiful day. The skies are clear, the humidity is gone and there is a wonderful breeze. I have all the windows open and we are not being driven out of the house by the fumes from the oven. Lovely!!

This past Thursday our choir sang, as they have done for several years now, on the steps of City Hall. It is so inspiring, so uplifting. I was especially moved by the prayers of the students - prayers from the heart for this country, for families, for their generation. It was a joy to watch them singing praise songs with heads and hands lifted to heaven. It gives me great hope.

Thursday was also our oldest son's birthday. He is now thirty-nine. How is that possible? There are exciting things happening in his life (and so the life of his family). God is so good.

My parents came for a little visit yesterday afternoon. My Dad is doing a bit better. He has physical therapy three times a week, and he really seems to enjoy it. We sat and visited for a little while then made the very short trip just up the hill from our house to see the new library. It has just opened and is beautiful. There is so much room! Previously the library was in a large store front building in the HEB shopping center near us. Now they have a huge open room for books and all sorts of meeting rooms and class rooms. Loving all things to do with books, I am happy to have it close by.

God is so good, and He fills my life full to overflowing with His blessings. The flowers are blooming, the little birds are having fun in the bird bath and no matter what difficult circumstances we may face, He is faithful. I am basking in the blessings today and trusting in His lovingkindness.

Blessings,
 
  posted at 12:02 PM
  3 comments



3 Comments:
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Susie said...

So glad to hear your Dad is doing better. Life is good and blessings are all around us.
xo

 
At 6:12 AM, Blogger Sandi said...

I too find it amazing the blessings we have. I enjoy talking with those in their 80's and 90's hear how they had to work to complete a task like laundry. Yes I wonder are we missing someting by having the conveance?

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

I can just hear the birdies and smell the flowers (and the oven cleaner!). I got a new stove and microwave Saturday, but haven't even had a chance to try either yet. We're blessed to be able to replace all of our very old appliances before DC really retires - while he's drawing social security and his salary as well. God is good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home