About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Counting My Many Blessings
Other Things
PRAYER
1000 Gifts
"Closed"
Apology to Grackles
One Thousand Gifts and Answered Prayer
Shadow and Light
Under the Weather
Weeds

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Wednesday, May 07, 2008
The Rose and The Storm


Once again our senses are overwhelmed by great tragedy. The cyclone that slammed into Myanmar was devastating. The dead, numbered in the thousands and survivors left to deal with the storms' cruel aftermath. We may, perhaps, be permitted to wonder why. Where were You Lord when this storm began to form and chart its deadly course? Why would a loving God allow such tragedy? He understands such questions.



The walk down our front sidewalk takes us past an old rose bush that has been living in my little garden for 24 years. As I walked past it this morning, with such questions on my heart, I looked deeply into the heart of that flower and suddenly saw the face and the heart of God. The beauty and delicacy of that rose; the creative hand that fashioned it with such love, spoke to my heart. Here is God - the One whose love never fails and who gives precious gifts simply because that love overflows His great heart. Yes, life is filled with tragedy we will probably never understand this side of heaven, but the powerful truth of a loving God never changes. He is here. He is in Myanmar. He is in control. We must put our hope and trust in Him even in the face of devastating circumstances.

"I hear the tumult of the raging seas as Your waves and surging tides sweep over me. But each day the Lord pours His unfailing love upon me, and through each night I sing His songs praying to God who gives me life.
O God my rock, I cry, why have You forgotten me?...
Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart sad? I will put my hope in God. I will praise Him again - my Savior and my God!"
Psalm 42: 7,8,9,11


Blessings,
 
  posted at 10:54 AM
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Chris @ Come to the Table said...

Linda,
What a beautiful post! The roses are so pretty.

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger Susanne said...

Beautiful post, Linda. My heart goes out to those in this tragedy and I pray the Lord is able to touch in the midst of the hardest of times.

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Once again, such beautiful thoughts.

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger Susie said...

That cyclone was such a terrible tragedy. I enjoyed reading your thoughts and seeing the lovely roses..
xo

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

You are so right... God is in control and we have to put our trust in HIM!

I love your rose and all of God's creation is a reminder that He is with us!

Happy Mother's Day!

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

Wow...beautiful, Linda.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home