About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
One Thousand Gifts
JUST CALL ME "SPEEDY'!
A Tree Firmly Planted
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY
The Rose and The Storm
Counting My Many Blessings
Other Things
PRAYER
1000 Gifts
"Closed"

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Sunday, May 18, 2008
POWER



I think I just may have mentioned that I FINALLY GOT BROADBAND THIS WEEK! To say I am thrilled with it would be a vast understatement. I have been watching videos, listening to music, spending an inordinate amount of time on Youtube .... just doing all the things it was nearly impossible to do with dialup (unless I wanted to tie up the phone line for hours and hours while things downloaded).

And I have been marveling at the powerful way this one piece of technology works. Right at our fingertips we have access to more than we could ever have imagined. We can write to a friend across the ocean and with the click of a mouse it is instantly there! I try to imagine what the reaction would be if my great-grandmother could be transported here just long enough to see this marvelous thing.

This morning C.H. Spurgeon had a word for me that suddenly put all of this "wonder" into perspective: "In Him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." Col. 2: 9,10 He wrote with great insight about all that we as Christians have at our disposal. "The fathomless love of the Saviour's heart is every drop of it ours; every sinew in the arm of might, every jewel in the crown of majesty, the immensity of divine knowledge, and the sternness of divine justice, all are ours, and shall be employed for us. The whole of Christ, in His adorable character as the Son of God, is by Himself made over to us most richly to enjoy. His wisdom is our direction, His knowledge our instruction, His power our protection, His justice our surety, His love our comfort, His mercy our solace, and His immutability our trust. He makes no reserve, but opens the recesses of the Mount of God and bids us dig in its mines for the hidden treasures."

All of this is ours because of Jesus. All of it is available to each one of us. I felt so convicted by those words. I have been feeling a bit discouraged lately and instead of going to the source of all power I have withdrawn. Instead of praying and reading the word I have allowed my feelings to govern my actions. I have but to whisper His Name and He is there with everything I could possibly need.

Technology may be impressive, but it is nothing compared to the incomparable One who longs to give us treasure beyond our wildest imaginations - if only we would ask.


Blessings,
 
  posted at 12:07 PM
  7 comments



7 Comments:
At 5:49 AM, Blogger Sandi said...

Someone once said Man is at his greatest on his knees.

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Cyndi said...

Amen, amen. This was so, so good!!

If you have time I tagged you at my blog. :)

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

This is just what I needed to read this kind of weepy afternoon. I am very much like you! But you have once again put it down in beautiful words. Thank you, dear sister!

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Ann Voskamp @Holy Experience said...

Oh, this! "In Him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him."
Col. 2:9,10

Linda? Thank you.
The power of Him pulses through you, awakening all of us.

You are loved...
By Father and this broken daughter...

All's grace,
Ann

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger Susie said...

What a great word to receive! God is the best thing EVER and we can settle for no substitute. Hope you continue to go to God's source for encouragement in your time of discouragement. Praying for you friend.

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Marilyn in Mississippi said...

Linda,
I have throughly enjoyed reading several of your blog posts. I found your blog from a post you left on LPM. Your statement that "technology may be impressive, but it is nothing compared to the incomparable One..." is so VERY true! The farther man goes in science and technology the more awesome God becomes as I remember that HE knew all of this new stuff before time as we know it began! What an incredible God we serve!

Please feel free to visit my blog sometime if you like. I'm a middle years mom and grandmamma too.

God bless you,
Marilyn in MS

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Deborah said...

Hello Linda, I found you through Marilyn's blog, and thought I'd take the time to let you know I visited. Great post!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home