About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
"Closed"
Apology to Grackles
One Thousand Gifts and Answered Prayer
Shadow and Light
Under the Weather
Weeds
Heaven's Technology
A Fresh New Look!
One Thousand Gifts
A Feathered Praise Choir

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Sunday, April 27, 2008
1000 Gifts


"The unthankful heart...discovers no mercies; but let the thankful heart sweep through the day and, as the magnet finds the iron, so it will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings!"
Henry Ward Beecher

133 - time with my husband and daughter trimming her trees; then homemade chocolate mufins together
134 - teaching my granddaughter to weave on a tiny loom; making a little purse together.
135 - my granddaughter shyly walking out to the car with us as we were leaving to go home and handing me the little purse, "I want you to have this Grandma." A gift I will always treasure.
136 - time with our five grandchildren - laughter, love and drawing close.
137 - playing piano with my sixteen year old granddaughter
138 - tucking little ones into bed
139 - braiding a little granddaughter's hair
140 - "Let's get ice cream. Follow me Grandma." (four year old granddaughter)
141 - the pleasant weariness after two days with five grandchildren
142 - the bliss of my own bed

143 - the flash of lightning and gentle roll of thunder as I lay safe and warm under the covers
144 - sitting on the front porch on a beautiful spring day - listening to the birds, watching the trees bend in the breeze, drifting off to sleep....
145 - talking with Dad and hearing the joy back in his voice. His physical therapy has encouraged him, and he is feeling better.
146 - the smell of flowers in the air on our bike ride - heaven's perfume
147 - a special letter from a dear friend
148 - a little gift from my Mom; "just because".




149 - a beloved Pastor who weeps as he reads through the list of the way the apostles died for their faith.

150 - the blessing of keepin in touch and writing




May He fill your heart with gratitude and joy this day.

Blessings,

 
  posted at 10:26 AM
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

That seems like a quick trip - sounds like a wonderful time together. My grands are so closeby that I can hardly imagine what it owuld be like to have to travel. It could happen someday, I imagine.

Wonderful blessings to share.

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger Susie said...

I'm so glad you had a good safe trip!
Reading through your blessings just was so uplifting!
xo

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger Susie said...

These are so beautiful Linda! What special treasures you have found throughout your days.

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Cyndi said...

What a beautiful glimpse into your heart and home. I felt thankful while I read it, too. It's catching! I hope everyone had safe travel. I've been out of blogland for awhile... I've almost emailed you a couple of times, but you know how that goes. I've got exciting news! I'll blog about it soon (or REALLY email you!)

Thank you for this post!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home