About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Sunday Afternoon Chat
Thankful Thursday
Others' Words
More Lessons Learned While Biking
The Living Word
Scarlett O'Hara Here
Thankful Thursday
Praying For You
The Washer and Dryer are Hummin'
Gone on Vacation

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Tuesday, September 04, 2007
A Thank You



When I decided that I had to spend less time on the computer, my one big fear was that I would somehow miss something important that I needed to see. That is exactly what happened the other day. Tammy gave me this wonderful award and said such nice things about me - and I missed it altogether. She very graciously left me a comment so I would know it was there.

Thank you so much Tammy. It just made my day. It is such a blessing to hear encouraging words. It just lifts the spirit. I could easily just return this award to Tammy. I love her sweet posts about her family. Her warm, loving spirit just fills each one. I also love her stories. She is indeed a gifted writer.

Thank you Tammy.

I sincerely hope I don't miss anything else in the next few days, but I will be away from the computer for the next few days. I have a post all ready for thursday, but it will probably be friday before I am able to spend any real time on the computer. Today is piano lesson and then dinner at Mom and Dad's.
Tomorrow is Bible Study, volunteer work at church, and choir practice in the evening.
Thursday we have an appointment to learn to use the new insulin pump my husband will be using. When we finish that we take our daughter to the airport for her trip to Europe!

Our very sweet, independent daugher is heading for Paris, Barcelona, and Madrid all by herself!! If you think of her, I would appreciate prayers for her protection. I have been praying since the day she made her airline reservations. She is so excited. She has a friend to stay with in Paris, but Spain will be on her own except for a friend she has been corresponding with (email). I don't think I could be so brave.

Blessings,
 
  posted at 12:52 PM
  10 comments



10 Comments:
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

Congrats on the award! You are definately deserving!!!

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Linda, you are so welcome and so deserving!
(And thank you for the sweet words, too!)

Your daughter does, indeed, so brave! I'll say a prayer for her! I'm nervous even traveling with my husband! But it does sound very exciting and can't wait to hear all about it when she gets back!

I hope the appointment for your husband goes well.
Have a good week, Linda! xxoo

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Shelly said...

OHH! It sounds like your daughter and I could be good friends :) My Mom too has to put up with my independent spirit - bless her!

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger someone else said...

Congratulations on such a nice award. You deserve it!

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Cyndi said...

Linda,

I just got back in town, and I had to pop over and see "what's doin' " with you. Congrats on your award!!! You SO deserve it! And, oh my. I'm right there with you praying for your world-traveling daughter. From one mother to another, it's good to know other moms are praying. One thing that helped me was to draw the countries with a sharpie on a marble and realize how small the world is (actually much, much smaller) in God's righteous right hand, which was clutching us both. AND, how close we really were in the scheme of things. What a fabulous opportunity for her!

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

What a busy week! Sounds wonderful and hectic. I envy your daughter the opportunity and think it's wonderful that she gets to do this traveling while she has a chance.

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Cheryl Wray said...

You have a busy week ahead of you!

Wow!! That is so great about your daughter! My oldest will be the same way, I believe! She's already been to Europe and loves to try new things.

I hope she has a WONDERFUL trip!!!!!

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger Kerri said...

I can understand you deciding on the need to spend less time on the computer. There's always so much to do, isn't there? But it's also hard to stay away from this wonderful blogging community..so many wonderful blog friends out there!
Congratulations on your award. Your thoughts are some of my favorite reads :)
What an adventure your daughter is embarking on. I'll certainly keep her in my prayers. It's wonderful when a child has that courageous independant spirit!

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

Congratulations, Linda. You absolutely deserve this.

How exciting for your daughter.

 
At 11:20 PM, Blogger Shawna said...

Wow, sounds like you're gonna be busy. And what an incredible trip your daughter has planned. I pray she is completely safe and has a wonderful experience! Can't wait to hear all about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home