About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Gone on Vacation
His Chosen
On the Lighter Side
Thankful Thursday
Clouds and the Rock
Immeasurable Worth
Happy Birthday to My Blog!
Living Water
Bestowing Crowns
Thankful Thursday and a Prayer Request

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Monday, August 20, 2007
The Washer and Dryer are Hummin'
We arrived home about nine o'clock last night. It is good to be home, but we had a really wonderful time. It was four nights of some of the best Southern Gospel music in the country. If any of you are fans you'll recognize names like The Issacs, Jeff and Sherri Easter, The Dixie Echoes, Gold City, Mark Bishop, Karen Peck and New River, Jason Crabbe, The Perrys and The McKameys - just to name some. It really feels like just a little bit of heaven - listening to the uplifting words of the amazing music, sharing the time with hundreds of other Christians, and everyone involved wanting nothing more than to lift the name of Jesus. We loved it!!!

I am now, however, back to the real world. We did the grocery shopping this morning (I unpacked last night because I just can't rest easy unless I at least get that done) and now the first load is in the dryer and the second load of laundry is in the washer - ironing to follow (probably tomorrow). It is already late afternoon. Where does the time go?

Which brings me to something I have been praying about and thinking about for a few weeks now. I want to write about it soon. I hesitate to do it because I've written about it before only to "backslide" right back to my old habits. However, I think if I tell you about it - you can then hold me accountable. I'd like that. It has to do with spending my time wisely. I haven't been doing that. The Lord has been convicting me about it. I have to do something. We'll talk later....

I will try to catch up as best I can. I have missed each and every one of you. That's what makes it so hard for me to be sensible about my blogging time. It's good to be home.

Blessings,
 
  posted at 2:13 PM
  14 comments



14 Comments:
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Welcome home! Did you get a chance to do any of those OKC things my brother told us about?

I need to use time more wisely as well! I feel really lazy these days.

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger someone else said...

Welcome home!! It's always good to be home again.

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Cyndi said...

Oh, I had to stop by and see how your trip was. I was thinking about you last week! It sounds like it was just what it should've been... time spent relaxing, worshiping and perhaps hearing from God. ;) I understand the struggle to use your time wisely. I struggle with that, too. Daily.

Glad y'all made it back safe and sound! Happy ironing! :)

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Cyndi said...

PS- The title of your post reminded me that I needed to put some clothes in the dryer and another load in the washer.

Thank you.

:)

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Glad to hear you are home and that you had such a blessed time. I know that I also need to work on using my time more wisely, however, it is hard when ladies like you write such wonderful things all the time. Hee hee.

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Welcome home dear Linda:-) I'm so glad to hear that you had such a lovely time....nothing like listening to music you love!! I'm very much like you, I always need to unpack as soon as I get home from a trip, can't stand to leave everything in the suitcases! lol As for using your time wisely....all of us who enjoy blogging seem to be struggling with that!! xoxo

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Shawna said...

Hi, Linda. So glad you had a safe and fun time. It sounds like it was great. I love the Isaacs.

My husband actually asked me Saturday if I wanted to meet in the middle, each of us driving an hour and a half to go to the singing. I was so tempted, but in the end I just didn't have it in me as I would have all 4 boys with me and it was already looking like rain.

If you start talking about spending time more wisely, you're probably going to convict most of us! :0)

 
At 12:30 AM, Blogger Linds said...

Welcome home, Linda..... I will be going home in 3 days too, and have all the settling down to look forward to as well. Lots happening, and lots to sort. But I have had the most wonderful time away. Just what I really needed.I am really lookign forward to catching up with you all. I have missed you all too!

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

So glad you had such a great time, Linda! Sounds wonderful...

I am having struggles balancing my time too...but in a few weeks, I'll be starting home schooling on a regular basis and then managing my time will truly be more important!

Have a good rest of the week, dear Linda. :)

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger Christine said...

Glad you're back and that you had a great time! I haven't been by in a while so I'm a bit glad I haven't missed much! ;)

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Susanne said...

Glad you had a lovely time.

I think most of us struggle to some point with using our time wisely.

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Aunt Angie said...

SO GLAD YOU'RE HOME!!!
I missed you!!! Catch your breath...then fill us in!
Be blessed!

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Barb said...

Boy, Linda, don't ask ME where the time goes. I truly haven't a clue.

I have finally reached the conclusion that sometimes life just takes over and blogging has to wait. Honestly, I have to choose between posting on my own blog or reading and commenting on others sometimes.

I keep thinking things are going to quiet down around here. See what happens when I start thinking?

Glad you enjoyed the musical trip. Sounds like it was wonderful.

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

welcome home! So glad to hear you had a wonderful time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home