About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Others' Words
More Lessons Learned While Biking
The Living Word
Scarlett O'Hara Here
Thankful Thursday
Praying For You
The Washer and Dryer are Hummin'
Gone on Vacation
His Chosen
On the Lighter Side

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Thursday, August 30, 2007
Thankful Thursday



While I was riding my bike on the country road that is part of our usual ride, I began to think about all the little miracles God has placed all around us. They bring such joy if I just take the time to notice them.

I am thankful for the beautiful blue of the summer sky and for the pristine white clouds that dance across its surface.

I am thankful for the songs of little birds that fill the air when I tune out everything else that is going on around me and really listen. I don't think our little feathered friends ever wake up in a bad mood. They always begin the day with a joyful tune.

I am thankful for butterflies. They make me think of loopy littl ballerinas - all decked out in their beautiful costumes and unable to fly in a straight line. They loop and zig and zag and somehow get to where they're going. They always make me smile.

There is a creek that runs along the road we travel. It is swollen from recent rains. I love to watch the water cascade over rocks and listen to the sound it makes as it travels swiftly to places I will never see.

The past couple of days we have met two black labs in the same spot in the road. They are just sort of hanging out - wet and streaked with mud. I think they come from the nearby ranch and have just finished their morning swim in the creek. They look at us and smile their doggy smiles. I do love dogs!

As I ride behind my husband (sometimes waaay behind) I thank the Lord that he is healthy and strong enough to ride - for this day.

Thank You Father - for filling my life with precious blessings straight from Your heart. You are so good and so kind.

To read more Thankful Thursday lists - and be very blessed - go to Sting My Heart and visit with Iris.

Blessings,
 
  posted at 12:16 PM
  16 comments



16 Comments:
At 12:52 PM, Blogger Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

Wow - I could almost picture your scenic ride!! And I do love a good dog too.

There are two dogs who visit me on my walks in the morning. When I am getting ready to teach, I often walk and talk my notes out loud to be sure I'm ready. I've laughed with my husband that one day those dogs are going to get saved! :)

blessings on you!

Lisa

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Denise said...

May God always sweetly bless you.

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Linda, you really encourage me to look at the simple things in life and find thanks in them. What a beautiful post!

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Kim said...

When we look at all the beauty God has created it is so hard not to feel blessed and thankful.

Kim

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

Wonderful thanks list!

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Riding a bike in the country...is there anything better than that:-) I haven't ridden a bike in so many years but you make me want to start it up again! Wonderful things to be thankful for, dear Linda!! xoxo

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger sharon brobst said...

God's creation is so amazing...what a gift!

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Such wonderful things to be thankful for - and I add the nip in the air in the morning and evening! I napped out on the patio today, under a quilt believe it or not, because I've caught a nasty cold. So beautiful out there.

I love your quotes - I used that first one in a post, which I'm sure you remember. They are all great. I love Mother Teresa's, too, the one that says God promises to not give us more than we can handle, but I just wish he didn't trust me so much!

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

If only more people would stop and look around them and see all things to be thankful for as you did on your bike ride!

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger Cyndi said...

"loopy little ballerinas"

"places I'll never see"

I just loved how you wrote this post! Your words always convey images. I love it!

Thank you for sharing this wonderful list today. My heart is more thankful having read it. :)

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

So beautiful, Linda...and a good reminder to me to take joy in these little things we take for granted sometimes!

And please come on over- I have a surprise for you!

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

This sounds like a little bit of Heaven...I would love to see pictures!

Have a blessed and fun weekend!r

 
At 2:58 AM, Blogger Linds said...

Wonderful list, Linda. It is the small things that matter the most, isn't it... Thanks for the reminder to just open our eyes!

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

That is a great list of things to be thankful for and a rminder for all of us to take the time to "smell the roses"!

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger moreofhim said...

Your bike ride sounds wonderful. Isn't it wonderful to see the blessings of such an Awesome God all around us? Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend! God bless you!

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger eph2810 said...

Oh, would I love to go on a bike-ride in your neck of the woods :) - It sounds so refreshing.
You know, I do wake up with a great mood and a new song on my lips, just sometimes it does not last all day - lol.

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this past week.

Be blessed today and always.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home