About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Praying For You
The Washer and Dryer are Hummin'
Gone on Vacation
His Chosen
On the Lighter Side
Thankful Thursday
Clouds and the Rock
Immeasurable Worth
Happy Birthday to My Blog!
Living Water

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Thursday, August 23, 2007
Thankful Thursday



I truly look forward to Thankful Thursday. It is so uplifting to read the words poured out from thankful hearts. Thank you Iris for providing this special place where we can share thanksgiving and praise.

Today I'm thankful that God is always God. His character never changes. He is the same yesterday, today and forever. Even if I'm having a bit of a moody day (I'm just saying...), He is totally unaffected by my attitude. He waits for me with the same love and acceptance He always offers to get over whatever is bothering me and come and visit with Him. I am far too prone to let my moods affect my relationship with the Lord. I am so thankful He isn't. Please forgive me Father for the way I have acted today. Instead of turning from you I should be running into Your open arms. Forgive my selfishness and self-pity.

I am thankful for answered prayer. We had a safe and delightful vacation. The Lord even held back the rain so we could enjoy the music and testimonies at the Gospel Sing. It was the very thing I had prayed for - a time of rest and refreshment.

I am thankful that choir has started back up again. It is such a joy to sing praises with so many other people. We are so blessed to be a part of this ministry.

I am thankful for the young women I have met in this amazing blogging community. I am so encouraged as I read about your lives. Family is so important to each and every one of us. Our children and grandchildren are precious gifts. Chris had posted a prayer on her blog for her children, and our children and grandchildren, as they return to school. It is a beautiful prayer. I encourage you to join her in praying for our children.

I am thankful for the special people God places in our lives. It was so good to reconnect with friends we haven't seen for weeks at choir practice last night. It is good medicine for the soul I think.

Blessings,
 
  posted at 12:29 PM
  12 comments



12 Comments:
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Denise said...

I always enjoy your thankful list, blessings to you.

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

How wonderful to be apart of a choir! I haven't been in ages- however, I remember like yesterday being a part of a huge youth choir. We were between the ages of 14-25ish, and there was about 75 of us...it was such a powerful experience for me!

I always love your Thankful Thursdays, Linda...xxoo

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

What a great list, Linda. Singing in a choir is one of the greatest blessings, isn't it? Hope you're having a better day now....

Love and hugs,

Diane

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Ann Voskamp @Holy Experience said...

And I am thankful for you, dear friend.

All's grace,
Ann

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Linda,

Your posts are filled to overflowing with your heart for Christ.... His character never changes...NEAT!

Thank you.

http://unequalmarriage.typepad.com/

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Lovely list.

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I really liked what you said about God is always God and never changes. You are so right in that the one constant we have is God. Thanks!

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger Alycia said...

Hi Linda, You shared such a beautiful Thankful list and I am blessed to have read it this evening. I hope your day today is better as well. I also want to thank you for your kind and thoughtful comment on my blog. You are so sweet and truly touched my heart with your kindness. I have been blessed to be back to your blog (since returning to my blogging routines) and in being able to catch up on your posts. May you have a very blessed weekend with your family. XOXO

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Susie said...

Another wonderful Thankful Thursday list. I love how you shared about God's character never changing even though we do. Isn't it great how He's right there to accept and forgive us when we turn from Him? So glad you have a ministry like choir to use your gifts for His glory.

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

You have a great thankful list- I also needed the reminder to pray for the children and teachers going back to school! Thanks and have a great weekendl

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger Hopeful Spirit said...

Music makes my life bearable. Wonderful post, as always. Mine is posted, too!

 
At 1:07 AM, Blogger eph2810 said...

I am so happy that you had a splendid and relaxing vacation. I am 'earning' mine this year - lol...Much going on, but I am thankful for friends like you who go with me through thick and thin...

The Christian blogging community is so beautiful and I am thankful for each and every one that I come across. God is good - He has opened doors for me that I would never would have opened before.

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this past week.
Be blessed today and always...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home