About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
More Lessons Learned While Biking
The Living Word
Scarlett O'Hara Here
Thankful Thursday
Praying For You
The Washer and Dryer are Hummin'
Gone on Vacation
His Chosen
On the Lighter Side
Thankful Thursday

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Wednesday, August 29, 2007
Others' Words
I couldn't come up with anything "brilliant" to write about today, so I thought I would share some truly wise words with you:

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow; it empties today of its strength"
Corrie Ten Boom

"Faith ends where worry begins, and worry ends where faith begins."
George Mueller

"The true follower of Christ will not ask,'If I embrace this truth, what will it cost me?' Rather he will say, 'This is the truth. God help me to walk in it, let come what may.'"
A W Tozer

"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves."
Dwight L. Moody

"The acid test of our love for God is obedience to His word."
Bob Jones, SR.

"Let us never forget that what we are is more important than what we do."
James Hudson Taylor

"Is prayer your steering wheel or your spare tire?"
Corrie Ten Boom

"It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and the Bible!"
George Washington

"I believe the Bible is the best gift God has ever given to man. All the good from the Savior of the world is communicated to us through this book."
Abraham Lincoln

Blessings,
 
  posted at 3:22 PM
  8 comments



8 Comments:
At 7:10 PM, Blogger sharon brobst said...

Linda these are great...I love to read quotes!

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

I just love quotes and you have really shared some great ones. Thanks for the words of wisdom.

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger Chris @ Come to the Table said...

Wonderful quotes Linda!

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger Myrna said...

Good words-good thoughts. Thank you for sharing them.

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger Cheryl Wray said...

I LOVE reading great quotes. And these are some wonderful one!
Thanks for the inspiration this morning!

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

I love these quotes, Linda! I didn't know most of them so really appreciating reading these!

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Shelly said...

WHEW!!!

The one about the acid test of our love for God being obedience to His Word...that'll preach. Amen! And help me Lord Jesus!

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger ~~Deby said...

these are great..I too am a lover of quotes...
Deby
First time at your blog

 

Post a Comment

<< Home