About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
The Fawn
Celebrating Me - Woman to Woman
Feeling Rich (and Blessed)
Thankful Thursday
A Meme!
His Eye Is On the Sparrow
Happy Mothers' Day
It's a Beautiful Day
Thankful Thursday
Trust

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Thursday, May 24, 2007
Thankful Thursday




As I was thinking about my post for today the Lord brought to mind the people I am thankful for. Not the ones I ordinarily think about - the ones who are "famous" and whose names we all know. I am thankful for them and the way the Lord uses them to bless so many people. However, I was thinking of the people who faithfully do the daily tasks God has given them to do - serving in the home, and the community, and the church without great recognition or acclaim.

1. I am thankful for my family. My parents who nurtured me and provided for me and
love me unconditionally; who faithfully modeled Christ in our home. I know they
they pray for me daily and that means so much to me.
For my husband, whose love has grown deeper and richer over these forty years of
marriage. His faith in the face of difficult circumstances just overwhelms and
encourages me. His giving heart blesses me. He is my dearest friend.

2. I am thankful for those who serve in our church - the Bible Study leaders, the
children's church workers, the sunday school teachers, those who volunteer to do
all the jobs necessary to keep the church running smoothly. For those who
have a passion for missions and pay their own way to go to faraway places to
bring the message of salvation to those who have never heard. Right this minute
Cyndi is on one of those mission trips. She and her family have made huge
sacrifices to answer the call God has put on their hearts.

3. I am thankful for those who are serving in the military right now. They and
and their families are making a huge sacrifice to preserve for us the freedoms we
enjoy. I know what it is like to say goodby to the other half of yourself and
send him off to war; to pray every minute of the day for their safe return. We
owe them a debt of gratitude that cannot be measured.

4. We celebrated Law Enforcement Week in our church last weekend. There were repre-
sentatives from the various police forces and fire departments across our city.
They risk their lives every day to keep us safe and protected. Imagine what our
lives would be like without them.

5. I am thankful for each one of you. We live our lives and share with each other
a small part of them nearly every day. We come to know one another. We rejoice
together over special occassions and answers to prayer. We encourage each other
when we are facing difficult times. We pray for each other. And we respond
with love and generosity when there is a dire financial need. We enrich one
another's lives by sharing what God is doing in our own lives. We are fast be-
coming "sisters of the heart".

Thank you Iris for hosting Thankful Thursday. It lifts my spirit to read all those heartfelt lists filled with thanks to a God who loves us with an everlasting love.

Blessings,
 
  posted at 10:43 AM
  21 comments



21 Comments:
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Denise said...

I enjoyed your post, bless you.

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

What a GREAT list to be thankful for!!

As always, thankful for you!

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Deena Peterson said...

I am VERY grateful for those willing to put their lives on the line and to sacrifice for our country. And especially thankful for their families, who often go unnoticed.

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

I just read yesterday's post as well - I am so glad the fawn didn't seem to be hurt. It is sad when we humans take over natural habitats of wildlife and then want THEM gone. Happens all the time here in Colorado.

I love your list - and I too am so thankful for all of those people you listed - and agree with you about the new friends out there in cyberspace who have come to mean so much to me. Who would have thought it a year ago??

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger Mary said...

What a great list girl. Over 40 years of marriage? You are a hero to those who follow. It's good to be thankful for those who serve in our churches. And for the military, especially honoring them this weekend. But they needs our prayers daily. Thank you for sharing. Blessings on your weekend.

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Too many times, it's the unknown heroes that are forgotten and I'm glad that today you have honoured them:-) xox

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Holly said...

And right now, I am thankful for you and your prayers, Linda. Thank you for praying. So far, I will have the MRI on Tues, but my heart looks good (EKG today).

I also love the dear, deer picture!
Love you much in Him! Praying for you, too!
Holly

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

So many things to be thankful for. Our local Christian radio has people call or email in the names of service men and women and where they are stationed and they mention them, pray for them on the air. I love it!

Hugs to you!

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Pearls of Wisdom said...

Dear Linda,

I enjoyed your post. Over 4o years of marriage is wonderful. May the Lord bless you this week and always. Have a wonderful weekend.

In his endless love,
Angel (Angel Mama)

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger Christine said...

This list is such a blessing, Linda. Remembering those we often take for granted is always a wonderful thing. Have a blessed weekend!

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger rena said...

That's a very good list to be thankful for...and I enjoyed the fawn story as well. Your location sounds wonderful!! Rural, quiet and serene.

Oh, and before I forget, have you googled plants that deer don't eat and in fact, avoid like the plague. My aunt had deer problems on Pender Island and there is a plant that she planted around her garden that the deer would not cross nor eat..just can't remember the name of it...next time I talk to her I'll ask her but it may be quicker if you googled it.

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger Lyndy said...

First time to visit your blog and it is lovely. What a wonderful list you shared.

Have a blessed weekend.

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger Susie said...

I was just reading in one of my magazines how healthy it is to count one's blessings. They mentioned blogging as a way to do it. Who would have ever thought of this a few yrs back??
xo

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

Beautiful thankful list, Linda!

My husband served in the military when we were newlyweds...and I know to be even more mindful now of those serving and in harm's way.

Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend, Linda!

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger Kristen said...

Great list of thanks!! I'm thankful for you! :-)

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Linds said...

Lovely list Linda. I am also thankful for you too!

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Vicki said...

What a beautiful blog I've discovered here! I found you via Mugwumpmom today:-) God bless you and thanks for a beautiful list.

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Cheryl Wray said...

Great post!!
Yes, SO many people to be thankful for! So many people who make a difference in our lives!!

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I'm thankful for you too; your posts are always so uplifting!

 
At 11:02 PM, Blogger eph2810 said...

You are right, Linda. It is awesome to have people around us, family, friends, churches, and even blogging buddies who encourage us in our walk with Him. Although we might stumble, but we know that someone is always there to help us back up. And if our stumble results into a fall, we know we can seek Him to help us out of the pit.
Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart this week.

BTW - my dad was a police officer :)

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Shawna said...

I am thankful for you, one more dear friend in Texas, and for the precious prayers that you send up for us. Thank you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home