About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
In Other Words
Ripples
Grace
Thankful Thursday
In Other Words
For Heather
Home Again
In Other Words
Catching Up
Easter Wishes

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Thursday, April 26, 2007
Thankful Thursday and The Caterpillar




It is such a beautiful day, and I feel so thankful:

Thank You Lord for this beautiful spring. The wild flowers are just glorious this year. We have had good rains. The oppressivie heat hasn't come early this year, and it is so pleasant. I love it when I can have the windows wide open. The fresh breeze flows through the rooms, and we are serenaded by birds who seem full of joy. The pure notes of their bird songs lift my spirit.

Thank you for the Bible Study on prayer we just completed. Thank you for teaching me things about You I didn't know and for revealing Yourself in such a clear way. Thank you that You desire to hear my voice and that You have things You want to say to me.

Thank you for the precious women in my small group - for the bonds that have formed during this past year. Thank you that we were able to share openly the deep needs of our hearts and pray for each other. Thank you for the amazing answers to prayer we have seen over these weeks of praying together. Thank you for being all You have promised to be.

Thank you for being with my granddaughter and grandson at the Bible Quiz. Thank you for helping S. to remember the word she had hidden in her heart and place FIRST!!! Thank you for helping little J. as well. He was able to finish NINTH in his very first year of competition. Thank you that their team finished SECOND. Father most of all thank you that they know You as Lord of their lives and that they are willing to spend hours studying Your Word. What a blessing Father!

Thank you for this day. This one day that You have given me. Thank you that You have promised to order my steps, to protect and help me, and to be with me every moment. May I live it in a way that is pleasing to You Lord.

Iris is once again hosting Thankful Thursday. I am so blessed when I write my post and when I read the others that are there.


The Caterpillar

We went for our walk earlier this morning. I was crossing the road at the crest of one of the little hills when I looked down and spotted a little caterpillar crawling right down the middle of the road. I looked at him (or her - not sure how to tell which is which),and I thought about how his journey reminded me a bit of how I sometimes live my life.

There he was crawling along the hot, black pavement. If he continued on that path, his would be an endless journey of suffering, ending in much grief. He had placed himself at great risk of being flattened by hundreds of pounds of rolling metal and rubber. If he managed to avoid being run over, he then faced the great possiblity of being easily spotted by a bird and becoming breakfast. The great irony was, on either side of him was not only safety but all that he needed for a very abundant life. There was lush growth for the food he no doubt craved, there were dew drops glistening on the leaves and grass to relieve his parched little throat and trees to provide a place of rest and shelter. But there he was - crawling down the hot, dry, endless pavement.

I couldn't help but think of my own life. There have been seasons in my life when I somehow begin to travel down the wrong road. Perhaps it is the busyness of life we have been discussing in our posts lately, or perhaps I have for one reason or another distanced myself from the Lord. There I am "crawling" along the hot, dry pavement when all the while the Lord is standing just a breath away offering me all that I need. He has the living water my thirsty soul is longing for; He has the bread of life I desperately need; He stands offering direction and help and protection. All I need to do is go to Him.

On my way back home I looked for my little caterpillar friend in the road. I couldn't find him. I'm hoping he was wise enough to change direction and take all that was offered to him only a stone's throw away.

Blessings,
 
  posted at 12:25 PM
  21 comments



21 Comments:
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Chris @ Come to the Table said...

Linda,
I loved the Caterpillar story, what a beautiful picture you have given of our need for a Savior. I was hoping you would find the poor guy and lift him up off the road and on to safer ground. :)

I loved your Thankful list especially about hearing of the ladies in your bible study group. We truly need one another.

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Denise said...

Beautiful, so very beautiful.

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

Thank you for sharing your list. I enjoyed reading it!

Have a blessed weekend!

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger Monkey Giggles said...

well said....

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Linds said...

What a great analogy you have made so beautifully in your story of the caterpillar, Linda. Very true.
Well done to your grandchildren! How proud you must all be.
As always, this was a lovely post.

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Full Contact, Savior-centric Livin said...

It's cold here, but I guess we'll get some spring eventually.

Great going for your grandchildren!

Blessings!

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Faerylandmom said...

Thank you for your wisdom. I truly enjoy reading your posts...Reminds me of the Titus 2 woman...teaching me wisdom. Thank you.

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Barb said...

Very nice list, Linda, and I love your caterpillar story. I would have been inclined to pick the little guy up and move him, too.

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Thanks for your wonderful comment on Kev's and my story this last week. I am having a wonderful time in Georgia, but am having fun catching up this afternoon on my SIL's computer - my first time on a MAC.

What a great analogy with the caterpillar.

Talk to you soon!

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Hello dear Linda:-) I so enjoyed reading your thankful list, as I always do!! Makes me realize how much I have to be thankful for too:-) Loved your caterpillar story and how you compared it to our own lives...so very true!! xox

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger Deedra said...

What a lovely picture you painted. Thank you so much.

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

what wonderful things to be thankful for. I enjoyed your caterpillar story (and hope s/he made is safely!) ... you have such a way of using analogies!

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger Sue Seibert said...

Thanks be to God!

 
At 12:21 AM, Blogger Susie said...

Hi Linda,
As always you find so many reasons to be thankful. I enjoyed your caterpillar story and how you tied this all together.
xo

 
At 1:06 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

Oh, Linda...thank you for this. What a beautiful lesson in this story...I think I'm going to remember this for a long time.

I loved your thankful list, too..

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Grandparents Corner said...

Thank you for sharing your Thankful list list and beautiful story. I'm a grandma too; they're such a blessing! I'm enjoying the Bible Study over at The Preacher's Wife Blog called "I AM". It has already began but people are still joining in as we are each working at it in our own pace. Check it out it's realllyy good! Have a blessed weekend!

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Donnetta said...

Oh Linda, the catepillar story was powerfully encouraging and challenging all at the same time!

Thanks for such thoughts to usher me into my day!!

Amd a HUGE CONGRATS to the grandkiddo's on such a fabulous job in their Bible knowledge and competition!

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Susie said...

Wonderful Thankful Thursday post, and I loved the Catapillar devotional. Have a blessed weekend.

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger Lori said...

Linda the Caterpillar story touched my heart, that is beautiful and I know I have been that caterpillar one time or another.

I enjoyed reading your list.

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger smilnsigh said...

'Victoria' magazine is to be re-launched. Isn't that marvelous news??? :-)

I got the news from others, and have made an entry.

Mari-Nanci

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger eph2810 said...

Thank you Linda for sharing your beautiful list of thankfulness with us this week. -- Awesome that your grandchildren did so great on their Bible quizzes :)

You know, a group of women studying together is awesome. You grow so close together--it is hard to say good-byes after a wonderful study.

I loved your caterpillar story so much...you are right--sometimes we just wander off in a different direction and all of a sudden we seem so far away from Him...

Blessings to you and yours.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home