About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
In Other Words
Thankful Thursday
In This Skin
Bluebonnets!!
Sunday Afternoon Chat
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Thankful Thursday
In Other Words
Thankful Thursday
Five Reasons I Blog

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Thursday, March 22, 2007
Thankful Thursday

"Rejoice always' pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for
this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." I Thessalonians 5: 16-18



I love Thankful Thursday and am grateful to Iris who hosts it every week. I believe when my heart is filled with gratitude it is easier to praise, easier to trust, and easier to
experience peace and joy.

1. I am thankful for my Bible Study group. This group of women encourages me, prays
with and for me, and enriches my life with their love and wisdom.

2. I am thankful that my husband and I can take our morning walks together. It is a
a joy to be able to share something I enjoy so much with him. It's a great time
talk and laugh together. When he was diagnosed with Juvenile Diabetes nearly 40
years ago, the doctor told him he would probably not live past the age of 45 ( a
rather cruel thing to say in my opinion). He will celebrate his 59th birthday in
June!! God is good. He is doing very well.

3. I am thankful for grandchildren whose eyes light up when they see you arriving for
a visit and greet you as though you were the most important people on earth.

4. I am thankful for a Heavenly Father who took a tragedy and turned it into bless-
ing. Our speaker at Bible Study yesterday spoke about the tragic death of her
baby girl and how the Lord worked through that to bring about something very good
indeed. It encourages me to know that He can and will do that for each one of us.

5. I am thankful for God's abundant provision in my life. He has given me blessing
upon blessing. In my worst moments, He never turns away from me. His love and
forgiveness and lavish grace draw me back - over and over again. Thank You
Father.

I am behind on visiting and commenting. One day off, and I seem to miss so much. I'm off to visit my Mom and Dad this afternoon. Please be patient with me. I'll try to visit this evening while my hubby watches the Sweet Sixteen. It's a balancing act. I'm just not going to get those few extras hours I long for in my day, so I'm trying to squeeze it all in. I care so much about each one of you. Have a great day.

Blessings,
 
  posted at 11:11 AM
  14 comments



14 Comments:
At 12:11 PM, Blogger Denise said...

Really nice list, thanks for sharing.

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

I love those verses. Thanks for sharing your beautiful lists. Have a wonderful week!

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

A wonderful list, Linda! So glad your husband defied the odds and God has given you all so many good years together so far!

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

I always love reading your Thankful Thursday list...makes me think of what I have to be thankful for also:-) I agree with you, I don't like it at all when doctors tell someone they won't live past a certain age...glad your hubby has proven him wrong!! xox

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Deena Peterson said...

I love it when God shows the dr.'s that HE is in control!! Thanks for sharing...

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger marlise said...

I really enjoyed your list. Thank you.

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger eph2810 said...

I agree with you that is was rather cruel to tell your husband he would only live until a certain age. But our God is much bigger and the best physician :). Wonderful that you are going for walks together. I think my Sweetheart and I should start to. I am glad that you are not that far away from your grandkids :)

A supportive Bible study group is awesome to have.
What can I say about God? I am just so thankful that He thought me worthy enough to be included in His family.

Thank you for sharing your thankfulness with us this week.

Blessings to you and yours.

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

What a great list. I am like you - grandkids are simply spectacular. I also treasure walks with my husband. Blessings!

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

I'm thankful for so much, and I'm thankful for Christian blogging friends like you, Linda.

Have a good visit with your parents.

Hugs,

Diane

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

walks w/your hubby in the morning sure is something to be thankful for! Have a nice visit with your parents!

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Linds said...

A lovely list. Linda. Life is for living, and you enjoy being with your family. We are here when you have some time!

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

So many wonderful things to be thankful for! I don't know why doctors tell patients things like that but I'm so glad your husband proved him wrong!
I love my morning walks with my husband and wish we could take them more often!

Thanks for sharing your list!

Blessings~

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger Werna Gail said...

I have found that I really look forward to your Thur. thanks...You can tell you have a heart for God.
BE BLESSED :-)

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger david santos said...

Hello, Linda! (name portuguese)
This work is very good. thank you
have a good weekend

 

Post a Comment

<< Home