Thursday, March 08, 2007
It is Thursday. I’ve been looking forward to writing my “Thankful Thursday” post. It is good for me to look back at my week and see the ways God has been so faithfully working in my life. These are some of the things I’m thankful for this week:
1. I’m thankful for my little granddaughter L. We celebrated her eighth birthday this past Friday. She is a sweet, bright bundle of energy. She is so thrilled with learning to read. She spends lots of time with her books. She is also a huge fan of the Odyssey programs produced by Focus on the Family. They don’t have a television in their home, so they listen to CDs instead. Mostly she loves doing anything her Daddy is doing. They are very close, and it touches my heart in a way I can’t really explain when I see my boy with his little girl. I am so thankful for the blessing of this sweet girl in my life.
2. I am thankful for the ministry the Lord has given my younger son and his wife. They were sent out from their church a couple of years ago to plant a church in a town about thirty minutes from us. Their ministry is mostly to those who are in the poorer areas of the town. The needs of some of these people are overwhelming at times. My son also works full time. So they are both stretched very thin. They recently had a young couple come to their church who are recovering drug addicts – looking for help. They have three children who have been taken from them and put in foster care. They didn’t even have a place to live. My son and daughter-in-love took them into their home. They had to put the two girls into a bedroom together because they don’t have a spare bedroom. We met the couple the other night. They have asked the Lord into their hearts, and they are doing so well. They’re both working and will soon be able to afford to get a place of their own. The Child Protective Services say they have never seen them doing so well. My heart is overwhelmed at the sacrificial love our kids have shown to these two needy souls. I thank God for His grace in their lives.
3. I’m thankful this same son was able to sell his car. He fixed up an older car and needed to sell the one they had. It was getting down to the wire – the insurance would have to be renewed if it didn’t sell, and they didn’t have the extra money for that. We prayed; it sold. We are so thankful.
4. My husband had another good checkup. All his “numbers” look good. Thank You Lord.
5. We had a twenty-four year old woman speak at our Bible Study yesterday. She works in missions. I was so impressed with her obvious love of the Lord and her passion for the lost. She is wise beyond her years. It blesses my heart to know young people like her. We see so much of what is wrong with our young people on television. The media would have us believe that they are all so very far from the Lord. It gives me such hope and joy to know that there are so many who are not. Just reading the blogs of the young women in our blogging community refreshes my soul. They love the Lord and their families. I am so thankful for them.
“I will give thanks to the Lord with all my heart; I will tell of all Thy wonders.
I will be glad and exult in Thee; I will sing praise to Thy name, O Most High”
Psalm 9: 1,2
I'm also very thankful to Iris at Sting My Heart for hosting Thankful Thursday. She is a sweet blessing.