About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
In Other Words
Thankful Thursday
Five Reasons I Blog
The Promised Land
Thankful Thursday
In Other Words
Self-Destruction
Blessed
PRIDE
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Thursday, March 08, 2007
Thankful Thursday

It is Thursday. I’ve been looking forward to writing my “Thankful Thursday” post. It is good for me to look back at my week and see the ways God has been so faithfully working in my life. These are some of the things I’m thankful for this week:

1. I’m thankful for my little granddaughter L. We celebrated her eighth birthday this past Friday. She is a sweet, bright bundle of energy. She is so thrilled with learning to read. She spends lots of time with her books. She is also a huge fan of the Odyssey programs produced by Focus on the Family. They don’t have a television in their home, so they listen to CDs instead. Mostly she loves doing anything her Daddy is doing. They are very close, and it touches my heart in a way I can’t really explain when I see my boy with his little girl. I am so thankful for the blessing of this sweet girl in my life.

2. I am thankful for the ministry the Lord has given my younger son and his wife. They were sent out from their church a couple of years ago to plant a church in a town about thirty minutes from us. Their ministry is mostly to those who are in the poorer areas of the town. The needs of some of these people are overwhelming at times. My son also works full time. So they are both stretched very thin. They recently had a young couple come to their church who are recovering drug addicts – looking for help. They have three children who have been taken from them and put in foster care. They didn’t even have a place to live. My son and daughter-in-love took them into their home. They had to put the two girls into a bedroom together because they don’t have a spare bedroom. We met the couple the other night. They have asked the Lord into their hearts, and they are doing so well. They’re both working and will soon be able to afford to get a place of their own. The Child Protective Services say they have never seen them doing so well. My heart is overwhelmed at the sacrificial love our kids have shown to these two needy souls. I thank God for His grace in their lives.

3. I’m thankful this same son was able to sell his car. He fixed up an older car and needed to sell the one they had. It was getting down to the wire – the insurance would have to be renewed if it didn’t sell, and they didn’t have the extra money for that. We prayed; it sold. We are so thankful.

4. My husband had another good checkup. All his “numbers” look good. Thank You Lord.

5. We had a twenty-four year old woman speak at our Bible Study yesterday. She works in missions. I was so impressed with her obvious love of the Lord and her passion for the lost. She is wise beyond her years. It blesses my heart to know young people like her. We see so much of what is wrong with our young people on television. The media would have us believe that they are all so very far from the Lord. It gives me such hope and joy to know that there are so many who are not. Just reading the blogs of the young women in our blogging community refreshes my soul. They love the Lord and their families. I am so thankful for them.

“I will give thanks to the Lord with all my heart; I will tell of all Thy wonders.
I will be glad and exult in Thee; I will sing praise to Thy name, O Most High”
Psalm 9: 1,2

I'm also very thankful to Iris at Sting My Heart for hosting Thankful Thursday. She is a sweet blessing.

Thankfully,
 
  posted at 1:33 PM
  16 comments



16 Comments:
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Denise said...

Really enjoyed your list, thanks for sharing.

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger marlise said...

That's a great list. I enjoyed reading it.

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

Reading about your son and his wife gave me the chills! How proud you must be! Thank you for sharing, I always love this meme and feel so blessed after reading other's thankfuls.

Blessings~

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Lei said...

Thank you for stopping. I would be so pleased to hear from you at "Woman to Woman"!!!

 
At 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful list and lovely page! So glad I came by. It's nice to 'see' older women blogging ;). Have a blessed day...you've blessed mine.

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Delete said...

Hi Linda-

I totally agree with you. I also look forawrd to Thankful Thursday. I really think it has changed my attitude as God promises in Phillipians 4. Once you start looking for things to be thankful for, you become more appreciative. I find realizing all of the blessings that you have, brings with it a sense of peace that only God can give us.

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger someone else said...

Linda, that was a lot of really wonderful things to be thankful for. You are blessed, and I'm looking forward to your contribution to Woman to Woman.

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

It sounds like your family is truly blessed. We had the same thing happen with our car this past week, so I know what a blessing that can be. It's wonderful watching things unfold before your very eyes after you have prayed about them.

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Linds said...

What a great list, Linda, and what a wonderful blessing your son and his family have been. Being thankful can change so much in our lives!

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Linds said...

PS .... go to my August 2006 archives and have a look at the Swiss photos from where my sister lives!It is the most beautiful place on earth to me.

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

how special of your son and daughter-in-law to help out this couple who are turning their lives around; God surely does provide!

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

This was a blessing to read, Linda...thank you for sharing it. :)

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

I so love reading your Thankful Thursdays...makes me reflect on my own week and makes me realize how much I also have to be thankful for:-) xoxo

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Two wonderful posts in a row - I'm so behind. Thanks for these wonderful thoughts! And for stopping by today. Please pray for my dad - he ended up back in the hospital to stay this time, with pneumonia.

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger eph2810 said...

Oh - what a wonderful story you had to share about your son and your daughter-in-love (love that title for her :)). It is so amazing who God directed the needy couple to your son and his wife...
What a wonderful blessings about your other son as well. When I was a little girl, we used to read and listen to cassettes. I still like to read, but now I added writing to it.

Thank you so much for sharing your thankfulness this week with us. I too look forward every week to Thankful Thursday - PTL.

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger TheNormalMiddle said...

I am so happy for your family. What great news. You are blessed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home