About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Five Reasons I Blog
The Promised Land
Thankful Thursday
In Other Words
Self-Destruction
Blessed
PRIDE
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY
Father's Love Letter
Thankful Thursday

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Thursday, March 01, 2007
Thankful Thursday

Psalm 100: 4-5 "Enter His gates with thanksgiving, and His courts with praise. Give thanks to Him; bless His name. For the Lord is good; His lovingkindness is everlasting, and His faithfulness to all generations."
I'm so thankful that Iris gives us this forum to express our thanks. There is something about giving thanks to the Lord that blesses the heart of the one doing it. It is good to remind ourselves of the blessings with which the Lord so liberally showers our lives.
1. I am thankful for answered prayer. Thank you Lord for keeping our loved ones safe as they traveled this week. Thank you for the many times Your hand of protection has kept us from harm we were not even aware of.
2. Thank you for the leaders you have raised up to minister to the various needs of people all over the world. I think of World Vision and Samaritan's Purse and countless others who faithfully do what you have called them to do. Thank you for their devotion and integrity and the witness they are for Your kindgom.
3. Thank you for sunshine and fresh breezes. You have given us so many things to delight our hearts and make life joyful.
4. Thank you for abundantly supplying all our needs. You have promised to care for us, and You do it so faithfully.
5. Thank you for all the new things going on in our bloggy community. I am so thankful that it all centers around You. What a joy and a blessing.
You must check out the new internet cafe. I am so excited about it. With God's help, I'm going to put the button in my side bar. He knows my weaknesses - and He knows I need help with anything new on my blog. :) I'm thankful He cares about even the smallest of things in my life. He is a tender-hearted Father.
I apologize for the fact that I don't have space between my paragraphs. I actually put space between my paragraphs, but blogger refuses to show them. This is the second time this has happened. I go back and edit - and shazam - it stays exactly the same way. I know it's difficult to read when it all runs together the way it is. Sigh.....I just can't get it to cooperate.
Blessings,
 
  posted at 1:39 PM
  18 comments



18 Comments:
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Delete said...

This is a great list. We really do have such an abundance. I was just thinking that as I shoved more bottles of cleaning supplies under the sink.

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Linda. This is my first visit here and you have a beautiful blog and a beautiful list. Thanks so much for sharing.

And don't worry about spaces between paragraphs~Blogger is always messing up somebody. It lost one of my posts on another blog I have.

Blessings to you.

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger Werna Gail said...

This was not hard to read and I know what you mean about getting blogger to do what you want it to. I'm so thankful I have met you,and someday (maybe not in this lifetime) we will get to spend time together, if we're not to busy in heaven that is.BE BLESSED

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger eph2810 said...

Linda - it makes no difference if you thankfulness is one long paragraph :). I am trilled that you shared.

I am too always thankful for God's provision on a daily basis. What an awesome God we serve. I love that you posted your thankfulness for your church leadership. They are so busy and get overwhelmed at times--we need to let them know that we are thankful for their service to the Lord...

Thanks again for sharing...

Blessings to you and yours.

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

What a beautiful psalm and list. God is so very good to us!

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Denise said...

Thanks for a lovely post, bless you.

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

Beautifully and eloquently said Linda. It is a blessing to be reminded of all that He has blessed us with. I love your list and I love the way your words speak softly and from the heart. Thanks for being such an inspirational friend. :)

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Susie said...

What wonderful blessings you've shared.
I feel a special thankfulness in being able to count you as a dear blogging friend. Your posts reflect such serenity and joy..
((hugs))

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

what wonderful things to be thankful for!

I've had the same problem w/blogger and the spacing.

I either go back in edit html mode and remove all the "< d >" tags and put in spaces while I'm in that edit mode- or easier - I've been typing up my posts in word and copying them to blogger- seems to have worked!

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Thanks for sharing your "thankful list" today. I have been blessed. God is good.

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

What a beautiful thankful list. Thanks for sharing!

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Can I offer advice that might work? Go into blogger, click on Settings, then formatting, and make sure that "convert line breaks" is set to yes. I noticed that just yesterday, so it came to my mind now.

Anyhoo, that was a wonderful list. "Thankfull Thursday" is one of the best memes because it brings glory to God. Thanks for sharing your list with us.

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

I am so glad we have met! And wish we could IRL someday.

Thanks for the encouragement today. I think I'll use Chapter 4 as a huge blogging party. What better thing to celebrate, eh??

I love your list.

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Linds said...

A lovely and heart warming list, Linda. I know what you mean about trying to put things on your blog. I am useless!

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Cyndi said...

Great list, Linda! I was thanking Him right along with you!

"Shazam" indeed. I have "space" issued when I post as well. I have found that I can fix it if I put spaces in the "Edit HTML" rather than "compose." There. I've told you all I know. I *do* know what it's like to dance around the kitchen having successfully added something to my sidebar without my computer exploding. :)

Have a blessed day and weekend, my friend!

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger Barb said...

A very nice list, Linda. It's good for the soul to just sit quietly for a few moments and really think about what we have to be thankful for.

Poor you. I had the most awful time figuring out how to make paragraphs back when I first started. Everyone thought I was nuts but it turned out you have to be in "edit html" mode (not "compose") for it to work.

I think once you stop being afraid you'll ruin your template, you'll be more comfortable with adding things in your sidebar. I still get nervous, too, but as long as I don't hit "save changes" I know it will stay the same as it was before I started playing with it.

Blogging is nerve-wracking, isn't it? LOL

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Wonderful list of thankfuls, as usual. If you look at my blog, I can't make spaces between paragraphs either and I can't indent. Go figure. I am thankful no one really cares.

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Sorry it took me until Saturday to visit, but I enjoyed reading this list. I too am thankful for the Christians groups you listed also.

And I am excited about the new internet cafe also =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home