About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
The Promised Land
Thankful Thursday
In Other Words
Self-Destruction
Blessed
PRIDE
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY
Father's Love Letter
Thankful Thursday
Is It A Girl Thing?

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Tuesday, February 27, 2007
Five Reasons I Blog
I've seen this meme on several blogs and have been thinking about it ever since. I don't believe I can come up with anything unique because this is one where we seem to share so many of the same ideas and feeelings:

Five Reasons I Blog:

1. I began because I love to write. I belonged to a writing group at my church many years ago. It was so good to get together with other people who just loved the written word. I felt so sad when it disbanded. When I discovered what a blog actually was (a year ago it was a total mystery to me), I began to pray about it. I thought it would be a way I could possibly use writing to serve the Lord. I don't think I had any idea how. It was just something I felt the Lord was giving me a little nudge to do. So I began.

2. I love to read. There is some of the best writing I've ever read on your blogs. This community of bloggers is very talented.

3. Fellowship. It is amazing how connected we have become in a very short period of time. We share so much of ourselves and as the relationships have developed we have grown to care so much about one another. I feel as though I have so many new friends.

4. I have been encouraged and challenged and have learned so much from all of you. It is wonderful to write something from your heart and then read what others think about it. Just my last post, for example, there are so many wise, insightful comments. I can't thank you enough.

5. I do it for the sheer joy of it. There are times I sit here and laugh out loud. There are other times I can hardly read the words for the tears. But it is all joy, because we truly are sisters of the heart. What unites us is our love for the Lord and the love He has given us for one another. He has taken something good and made something better than we could have imagined. He just has a way of doing that.

Blessings,
 
  posted at 8:23 PM
  14 comments



14 Comments:
At 9:19 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

Your title: "Five Reasons I Blog"

My response: I'm so glad you do (blog)! :-)

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

"Sisters of the heart"...I love that:-) You are so right, blogging is certainly a joy and like you, I can't believe all the wonderful people I've met through it and who have become such special friends to me, you included!! xoxo

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

Love your answers to the question, Linda! All those reasons are so right on. And like momrn2: I'm so glad you blog too!

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger Susie said...

You've captured my own reasons for blogging perfectly. I am so glad you blog, too!

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

It is so true that we have made such good friends in this way - unbelievable, actually. There are many that I don't talk to about it because they think I'm nuts! But I know I'm not, so that's what counts, eh??

I loved yesterday's post - I"m really behind and am getting to the last 3 days, I see. What you've expressed is what I've believed for years (ever since I made a very poor decision about my future) that God is a redeeming God and can take our mistakes and turn them into something for His glory if we give him our messes and ask Him to do it. He has done it for me for sure!

Have a wonderful last day of February!

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

You said it so well, Linda. I echo all of it!
(In fact, I was also a part of a writer's group through church.)
For me, too, one of the unexpected blessings has been finding this network of warm Christian friends...it's been truly amazing!
Blessings! :)

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger someone else said...

I love your reasons and I share them. I have learned so much about the hearts of women from so many different places. These are "conversations" that probably wouldn't take place in real life.

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Linds said...

I agree... we all have similar reasons for blogging and they all refelct the joy it can bring. I am glad you blog too!

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

I've was tagged for this meme awhile back and have yet to get to it. Yikes! :-( Most of my answers would be very similar to yours, as well!

I for one am glad you blog and glad I have had the privledge of getting to know you!

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

those are great reasons to blog - and reasons I blog as well!

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Christina said...

Great reasons. I love blogging!

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger TheNormalMiddle said...

And I am so glad you blog, Linda! :) You are always fun and uplifting. I feel like I'm having a glass of sweet tea with ya :)

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Diane Viere said...

Great reasons to blog! I echo the thoughts of the other commentors....and likewise....love "sisters of the heart!" It's amazing how connected we can feel to bloggers--who were once strangers to us...and who are now--thought of and prayed for daily! This blogging thing is pretty amazing!

Diane

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Cyndi said...

Five Reasons I Am Glad Linda Blogs

1. She has a beautiful heart for the Lord and I get a glimpse of it on her blog.
2. Her words are so very wise.
3. I feel like I've visited a friend each time I come to her blog.
4. She chooses Scripture and principles I needed to read that day.
5. I would probably never have met her otherwise.

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home