About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Thankful Thursday
In Other Words
Thankful Thursday
Five Reasons I Blog
The Promised Land
Thankful Thursday
In Other Words
Self-Destruction
Blessed

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Sunday, March 11, 2007
Sunday Afternoon Chat

It’s a gloomy morning. The sky is heavy with the promise of rain. We’ve been praying for rain. Everything here is so dry. I imagine all the trees and flowers longing for a refreshing drink. They are bravely putting out new growth, but they need a bit of nourishment. The weather forecast is for possible thunder storms over the next three days. That would be wonderful.

This coming week is Spring Break week for all the schools in our area. That means no piano lesson Tuesday afternoon, no Bible Study Wednesday morning, no work on music folders Wednesday afternoon and no choir practice Wednesday night. We have a week off! We had thought we would go visit the kids and grandkids in Houston, but they are homeschoolers and aren’t “observing” Spring Break. They’ve missed too many days already this year and can’t take any more days off right now. So…we will leave that for next month when we go to baby-sit for a couple of days while my son and daughter-in-law go on a trip.

Our younger son is taking my husband to an NBA game this Tuesday night. They are so excited. His boss gave him his season’s tickets to use. That means they will be right up close to all the action. My husband hasn’t been to a game in years and is really looking forward to this one. Although we live near a very large city, there’s a small town “feel” here that we just love. The basketball team is much like our high school team. We know the players, and we are all HUGE fans. I even have a tee shirt with my favorite player’s name and number across the back.

It is time for me (actually past time) to get outdoors and do some gardening-type stuff. It’s time to weed and feed. I just love flowers, but I’m not much of a gardener. I seem to be lacking the green thumb necessary to grow lush, beautiful plants. In fact, I’ve been known to kill plants previously thought “unkillable”. The truth of the matter is I’m too lazy to be a good gardener. I don’t want to take the necessary time to study “how to”. I just want to put the plant in the ground, water when necessary, feed occasionally and then stand back and watch beautiful blooms appear. I believe it requires a bit more work than that. I’ve found a few plants that cooperate with my system – and I’ve settled for those. However, even they are in need of a little “t.l.c.” after battling through the winter months.

It is also time to hang out the hummingbird feeder. I’m sure the little guys will be here shortly looking for their sickeningly sweet liquid food. I thoroughly enjoy watching them. Our feeder has several little “stations” – allowing for more than one hummingbird at a time to have a little drink. However, the word “share” doesn’t seem to be in their little vocabulary. If more than one approaches the feeder at the same time, they take after each other like miniature dive bombers. It is amazing to watch. I’ve often thought it’s a good thing they’re as tiny as they are. We could all be in big trouble if they were the size of a blue jay!!

My Mom and Dad have invited us to come over for dinner one night next week. That’s always a treat. My Mom’s gift is definitely hospitality (among others), and we feel like honored guests whenever we go there. She firmly believes in using all the lovely things she has acquired over the 61 years of her married life. The good china and silver are on the table which is covered with a “real” tablecloth and cloth napkins. The food is delicious, and the time spent together precious. I’m looking forward to it.

God is so good. He showers us with blessings. I pray you will all have a blessed week.
 
  posted at 10:30 AM
  9 comments



9 Comments:
At 12:52 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

Sounds like wonderful spring time weather! Our kids do not get spring break here. And I can relate, I love flowers too, but totally do not have a green thumb.

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Linds said...

Our spring break is not until the end of the month, and believe me, I am looking forward to it. We have 2 weeks off over Easter. Three weeks of teaching to go.

Spring has arrived here too and today the sun shone and it was lovely to see everyone out and the daffodils blooming all over the place. I must also get into the garden. I have some serious sorting to do!

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Linda I loved sitting here and "chatting" with you. Sounds like your husband is going to have a blast. I am such a black thumb, I am actually watering my grass and plants because we are going to put the house on the market, but I pray we sell before everything dies (hehehe).

My in-laws invited our family over for dinner next weekend also, a night I don't have to cook (yipppeee!).

Have a wonderful rest of the day. I am tired due to the time change. In Florida it is always sunny, so no sun change here due to the time change =))

Blessings.

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

I am so behind, I've missed some of your beautiful postings. It's spring break here, too, but what that means for me is that I have all 3 kids every afternoon, instead of 2 of them being in school at least part of the time. Exhausting!!

I leave the gardening to DC - he loves it and is very good at it. It's his enjoyment away from his desk job.

Have a wonderful week!

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger Nadine said...

It's nice to have some time off. I love going to basketball games and haven't been to one in forever. I know your husband will have a blast especially being out with his son.

You have a wonderful week.

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Werna Gail said...

I have not been here for a few days, we had company. I enjoyed catching up on your posts. Your garden skills sound about like mine. Ha! AND SPRING IS IN THE AIR.

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I hope they enjoy the basketball time - sounds like it'll be a fun time! Who is playing?

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I hope they enjoy the basketball time - sounds like it'll be a fun time! Who is playing?

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger Shawna said...

I am exactly the same kind of gardener as you! I have learned to settle for a couple of hanging baskets for the porch, and if we're living wild, maybe a few begonias. They're pretty hardy.

Dinner at your mom's house sounds like a great time. I hope you enjoy it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home