Thursday, March 15, 2007
"always giving thanks for all things in the name of our Lord
Jesus Christ to God, even the Father." Ephesians 5:20
1. I am thankful for an unchanging God. He is the same yesterday, today and forever. He is the firm foundation I build my life on - secure in the knowledge that He never changes. The coming of spring, the regular changing of the seasons, reminds me of His continued faithfulness and steadfast character.
2. I'm thankful for the rain. We've been praying for rain. Everything was so dry and lifeless. The Lord sent the rain - in abundance - and everything has come to life.
3. I'm thankful for the colors of spring: the blue of the Bluebonnets, the purple of the Mountain Laurel, the green of new grass and tender leaves, the brilliant blue of a cloudless spring sky, the varied colors of the wild flowers beginning to show their sweet little faces. I'm thankful too for the sweet fragrance in the air. Ahh spring!!
4. I'm thankful we are going to be able to go visit the kids and grandkids in Houston after all. I'm so excited.
5. I'm thankful for my grandchildren:
For S. - growing into a young woman right before our eyes. She is so quiet and
sweet. She is artistic and bright. She was the very first grandchild - a miracle
from the hand of a loving Father.
For J. - the first boy. He is athletic, musical (a talented drummer), and has
such a tender heart. He gives the best hugs!
For L. - a beautiful, quiet little girl she is so very bright. She has the most
beautiful blue eyes. She loves to write stories and read. She is a deep thinker.
For J. - a little boy in perpetual motion. He is full of laughter and energy.
Sometimes shy - but once he warms up....
For G - the baby. We call her the little Princess. She loves pretty dresses
glittery shoes and lots of jewelry. She is a sweet little bundle.
For L. - quiet and shy, she loves to read and listen to stories on CD's. She
loves music and plays the tamboureen in church for her Dad.
For H. - a curly-haired little pixie. She is a bit shy at first, but before long
she finds her way onto your lap for hugs and snuggles. She isn't afraid of
anything. We sometimes hold our breath as she tackels something new and daring.
I look at each of them and cannot believe these precious children are the children of my children. The time has gone so quickly. I am so thankful for each one of them and for the amazing job my sons and theirs wives are doing raising them. I look at my sons carrying their children in their arms and wonder where the little boys went. God is so very good. I am so blessed.
For more grateful hearts go to Iris's at Sting My Heart.
I WILL BE GONE UNTIL SUNDAY. WE'RE GOING TO VISIT THE KIDS AND GRANDKIDS IN HOUSTON. I CAN'T WAIT!!! SEE YOU SUNDAY.