About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
In This Skin
Bluebonnets!!
Sunday Afternoon Chat
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Thankful Thursday
In Other Words
Thankful Thursday
Five Reasons I Blog
The Promised Land
Thankful Thursday

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Thursday, March 15, 2007
Thankful Thursday




"always giving thanks for all things in the name of our Lord
Jesus Christ to God, even the Father." Ephesians 5:20

1. I am thankful for an unchanging God. He is the same yesterday, today and forever. He is the firm foundation I build my life on - secure in the knowledge that He never changes. The coming of spring, the regular changing of the seasons, reminds me of His continued faithfulness and steadfast character.

2. I'm thankful for the rain. We've been praying for rain. Everything was so dry and lifeless. The Lord sent the rain - in abundance - and everything has come to life.

3. I'm thankful for the colors of spring: the blue of the Bluebonnets, the purple of the Mountain Laurel, the green of new grass and tender leaves, the brilliant blue of a cloudless spring sky, the varied colors of the wild flowers beginning to show their sweet little faces. I'm thankful too for the sweet fragrance in the air. Ahh spring!!

4. I'm thankful we are going to be able to go visit the kids and grandkids in Houston after all. I'm so excited.

5. I'm thankful for my grandchildren:

For S. - growing into a young woman right before our eyes. She is so quiet and
sweet. She is artistic and bright. She was the very first grandchild - a miracle
from the hand of a loving Father.

For J. - the first boy. He is athletic, musical (a talented drummer), and has
such a tender heart. He gives the best hugs!

For L. - a beautiful, quiet little girl she is so very bright. She has the most
beautiful blue eyes. She loves to write stories and read. She is a deep thinker.

For J. - a little boy in perpetual motion. He is full of laughter and energy.
Sometimes shy - but once he warms up....

For G - the baby. We call her the little Princess. She loves pretty dresses
glittery shoes and lots of jewelry. She is a sweet little bundle.

For L. - quiet and shy, she loves to read and listen to stories on CD's. She
loves music and plays the tamboureen in church for her Dad.

For H. - a curly-haired little pixie. She is a bit shy at first, but before long
she finds her way onto your lap for hugs and snuggles. She isn't afraid of
anything. We sometimes hold our breath as she tackels something new and daring.

I look at each of them and cannot believe these precious children are the children of my children. The time has gone so quickly. I am so thankful for each one of them and for the amazing job my sons and theirs wives are doing raising them. I look at my sons carrying their children in their arms and wonder where the little boys went. God is so very good. I am so blessed.

For more grateful hearts go to Iris's at Sting My Heart.

I WILL BE GONE UNTIL SUNDAY. WE'RE GOING TO VISIT THE KIDS AND GRANDKIDS IN HOUSTON. I CAN'T WAIT!!! SEE YOU SUNDAY.

Blessings,
 
  posted at 10:18 AM
  18 comments



18 Comments:
At 1:47 PM, Blogger eph2810 said...

Linda, thank you so much for sharing about your sweet family. Texas sounds so wonderful in the spring. I wish we could move there...I would know at least two people there :)

You have a wonderful time with your children and your grandkids. God bless you and yours...

PS - praying for a safe trip - see you Sunday.

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Linds said...

Lovely thoughts as always, Linda. Have a wonderful time cuddling those grandchildren! See you when you get back.

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger Barb said...

Such a nice list, Linda. I'm thankful for my little grandson, too. But let me tell you, after having him here all day long, four days in a row, I'm also thankful he's spending the next few days at HIS house. LOL I'm locking the doors and closing the blinds tomorrow!

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I love how you talked about each of your grandkids in this post - so sweet!

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger smilnsigh said...

I hope you have a lovely, lovely visit.

Mari-Nanci

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Have a wonderful week-end with the kiddoes - cherish every second!

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Oh have a wonderful time!!!

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Holly said...

Bless you, sweet Linda! Have a wonderful weekend! I had a story to tell you about your last post, but it got locked up. The gist of it is that we had Sunday school on Sunday with the senior adult class to talk about Compassion International. Only a few of us 30's-40's showed up due to the time change. One man said that's ok,we don't get much sleep anyway! so I thought of your comment and wondered if that is because God entrusts you all with the night shift of prayer? I know that is a sweet time with the Lord praying in the middle of the night. I've done it many, many times!
Love in Him,
Holly

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

Hoping you have a wonderfully blessed time!

 
At 12:00 AM, Blogger Susie said...

I can tell how excited you are to spend time with your little sweeties.
Each one sounds so special and unique.
See you when you get back!!
hugs!!

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Shawna said...

Linda~that is a great list of blessings that are definitely from God.

I've never been to Houston, and I tend to think of Beth Moore when I think of it. I pray for a safe trip for you. Have a GREAT and wonderful weekend with your family! Give us the scoop when you get back.

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

Please go hear Max Lucado preach and let me know if he is as good as his writing! I'm sure he is - most great writers sound just like they do in person whent hey put themselves on paper. Does that make sense?

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Cyndi said...

What precious words for each of those kids. I loved reading that! Have a blessed time. I can't wait to hear about it!

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Susie said...

Hope you are having a wonderful time in Houston and bring us back some pictures.

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Werna Gail said...

I will get to go to the Keys to see my granddaughter next week and I know what you mean about being excited!!! This was a lovely post and grandchildren are truley a blessing. Have fun :-)

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Grandchildren, now that is something to be thankful for and I hope you have a great visit.

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Hi Linda,
I hope you had a wonderful time visiting with your family. Aren't grandchildren the most wonderful thing?

I recently read that grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your teenager. LOL!

Blessings to you!

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

I loved how you are thankful for each unique grandchild. So sweet...
I'm getting in on this late, so hope you had a wonderful time with your children and grandchildren this weekend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home