About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Sunday Afternoon Chat
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Thankful Thursday
In Other Words
Thankful Thursday
Five Reasons I Blog
The Promised Land
Thankful Thursday
In Other Words
Self-Destruction

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Monday, March 12, 2007
Bluebonnets!!



I saw my first Bluebonnets today!!! That makes it officially spring for me. I was concerned they wouldn't show up this year because it has been so dry, but there they were along the side of the road looking as beautiful and perky as ever. My favorite wildflower is the pale pink Evening Primrose. When they mingle with the Bluebonnets, it is a truly magical sight.

I can't wait until thursday to say thank you to the Lord for the rain. We measured 3 1/2 inches in the rain gauge this morning. It drizzled most of the day, but after dark the storms came with tornado, hail and flash flood warnings interrupting our sunday evening television viewing. Thankfully we didn't experience any of those. They are predicting more rain over the next couple of days. We do need it, but I'm praying it will come gently. I always worry about flooding. My son and DIL's home is always in danger when we get too much rain too fast. The city has promised to fix the drainage problem "any minute now".

I just realized I used that word again - "worry". I never used to think of myself as a worrier until I began to listen to my own words. So strike that word from the above paragraph. I'll be praying for manageable amounts of rain. I always do, and God faithfully answers my prayer. Why do I worry?

Well, I have a pile of laundry to take care of and various other household chores crying out for attention. I just wanted to share the Bluebonnets with you. Spring really is on the way everyone. I'll share a bit of mine with you until it arrives.

Blessings,
 
  posted at 3:23 PM
  19 comments



19 Comments:
At 3:38 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

Beautiful! We're enjoying wonderful spring-like weather here, today, too. Very nice.

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

what a beautiful picture! Spring is definitely on it's way!

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger Linds said...

Wonderful picture! It has been a lovely sunny warm day here, and it really does feel like spring at last.I have the blogging basics site as well..... thanks for the reminder. And my son at least got the picture up for me!

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I love what you said about "worry" I'm a little worried right now, and God has been reminding me lately of Phillipians chapter 4(four I'm quite sure :D) how we are to worry about nothing but bring it to Him in prayer. I need to to that right away.

I love spring. There's nothing on earth quite like new flowers popping through the soil. Nothing except maybe the smell of spring rain.

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Those are so beautiful!

It's officially spring around here...breezes with a little less chill in them and daffodils everywhere! :)
But I'd love to see a field of bluebells...we don't seem to have those around here! Thank you for sharing them!

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger Susie said...

I've never seen bluebonnets except in photos! They are such a vibrant shade of blue!!
Glad you got some rain. We're in the 80's here today!
((hugs))

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

One of my dear friends lives in Corpus Christi. I have a package of blubonnet seeds on my corkboard that reminds me of her (they are her favorites).

There was a sweet made-for-TV movie called The Cowboy and the Movie Star that talked a lot about missing Texas and the bluebonnets, too.

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

The field of Bluebonnets is just breathtaking!! Our first sign of Spring is usually when we see our first Robin...no sign of it yet! We still have a lot of snow but it's slowly been melting the last couple of days so hopefully in another couple of weeks it will be all gone...as long as we don't have another snowstorm!! xox

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Thank you for sharing this beautiful sping picture with us. Oh how I love spring!

 
At 12:55 AM, Blogger Nadine said...

That is a beautiful picture. I love the color blue and those flowers are just lovely. Thanks for sharing.

 
At 1:09 AM, Blogger Pear tree cottage! said...

I love the photo of your bluebonnets very much and have never seen them before I wonder if they do grow down here in australia maybe.

Yes your spring is on its way as our Autumn (fall) is just beginning.

Have a nice day.
Lee-ann

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Cheryl Wray said...

Oh, thank you SO much for the gorgeous picture of the Bluebonnets!!! One of my favorite things about Texas and one of the things I miss about not being there. They are SO beautiful!!
I'm also so glad that Spring is here. Daffodils are popping everywhere here and our Redbud trees are in bloom. I love it!

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger smilnsigh said...

Thank you for sharing the news of your Bluebonnets. With snow still on the ground here, I love to hear of Bluebonnets. :-)

Mari-Nanci

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger TheNormalMiddle said...

Yay for Spring. It is springing here too in NC!

 
At 3:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found your blog from the Living Proof blog and I just wanted to tell you how beautiful it is and blessed I have been to be here and read your writings!

Just wanted you to know!

Blessings,
Dori

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

What a beautiful field of blue - my granddaughter notices that blue is my favorite color.

I know that you will come up with something uniquely you when you do Woman to Woman. You are a wonderful writer!

Thank you for the kind words this morning.

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Cyndi said...

Yey, bluebonnets! I haven't seen any up our way yet, but I know they are coming. I always say "Thanks, Ladybird" when I see them along the highways. :)

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger Shawna said...

Oh, those are pretty. I am ready for spring and can't wait to hear about yours.

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Teresa Calcao said...

OMG......what a beautiful field with such pretty flowers.....Thank you !!!!!!!
My first visit to your blog,but I will be back often....
XO

 

Post a Comment

<< Home