About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
In Other Words
Self-Destruction
Blessed
PRIDE
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY
Father's Love Letter
Thankful Thursday
Is It A Girl Thing?
Tea and Converation (or coffee or diet coke)
Appointments With God

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Thursday, February 22, 2007
Thankful Thursday



Iris is hosting Thankful Thursday today.

Here is my list for today:

1. I saw my first little purple wild flower the other day. I don't know the name of these little gems, but they are always the first ones I see. They also come in white. I am reminded of God's faithfulness every time I see them and know that the changing of the seasons continues, just as God promised.

2. I took my walk in my shorts and tee shirt today. It was so pleasant. Thank You Lord!!

3. I had my yearly checkup for my back this morning and everything is stable and fine. Nine years ago I had major surgery to correct the scoliosis in my back. I had been diagnosed when I was thirteen, but the curve was very minor and my parents were told nothing needed to be done. However, for some reason the curve worsened in my adults years. It had gotten very severe - 80%. I had seen several doctors, and they always said the surgery was very risky and the decision was up to me!! Of course I declined. However, when I saw Dr. Sanders he said my life was at risk if the curve continued any further. The curvature was beginning to compromise my lungs and heart. I told him I just needed someone to tell me what needed to be done. He said, "You need to have this surgery." Within a month it was done (on my 51st birthday, incidentally). It was very major, and the recovery time very lengthy, but I am so thankful I had it done. He was able to reduce the curve by more than half.

4. I am thankful that Dr. Sanders is cancer free. When I saw him last year for my checkup, he was undergoing chemo for hodgkins. I was afraid I wouldn't see him this year. He is doing well and looks so much better. Not only is he a skilled surgeon, he is a wonderful Christian man. He prayed for me before the lengthy surgery. I am so thankful he is doing well.

5. I am so thankful for forgiveness. That was the subject in our Bible Study this past week. How can we ever thank Jesus for what He did for us?

Blessings,
 
  posted at 1:45 PM
  21 comments



21 Comments:
At 2:10 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Loved your list of thankfulness!
So glad you had a good checkup and what wonderful news that your Dr.is doing so well.
That always gives such hope to those suffering from cancer, doesn't it?
Just as I'm typing this, your comment to me is coming in !!
Wish we could be talking face to face!!
((hugs))

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger Cheryl Wray said...

Great list Linda!!!
Yes, so thankful for the gorgeous weather right now and the flowers that come with it!
And such great news about your doctor doing better from his cancer!
Yes--God's forgiveness and grace! Lent is such a wonderful time to reflect on it!
Hope you have a wonderful day!!

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

What a wonderful list of gratitude and thanks! God has been so very good to you! Hugs!

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

What a beautiful list. I too love to see the first beginnings of spring in the wildflowers. Although, we won't have any for at least 2 more months.

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

I read this (#1, #2) as snow is falling outside my window...

I will choose to be thankful in the beauty of that (although it is so very cold!)

:-)

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

Wonderful list of thanks! I'm glad to hear that you're doing well and that your doctor is, too. How great to have a Christian doctor!

I can't believe you wore shorts and a t-shirt. I walked on the wild side today and wore sandles and I think it was a bit premature. I have my space heater running under my desk.

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Denise said...

Great list, thankful that your checkup went so well.

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

I have so much to be thankful for as well, Linda.

Among many, I'm thankful that Jessica and Mikki are doing so much better, and a dear elderly lady from my church had a lifesaving surgery today and is doing very well, praise God!!

And I'm thankful for you and all my blogging friends, always. :-)

Thankful too for your good checkup and your doctor is doing well in his fight with cancer.

We have so many things to be grateful for, don't we?

Love and hugs,

Diane

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger eph2810 said...

Oh, Linda - how awesome that you had such great surgeon to help your back getting better. It is awesome to be in the hands of a doctor who has the same beliefs as you. When I had surgery several years ago, my surgeon was also a Christian.
Great news that your surgeon is doing so well after the chemo.

Thank you so much for sharing your inspiring list with us this week.

Blessings on your evening and always.

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

What wonderful blessings! I haven't had a chance to post yet the news that my husband's biopsy was cancer free. PTL!!

Thanks for your comments about Kev's and my story. It has been quite a journey.

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger someone else said...

That's good news to hear your checkup was so positive. I'm just so thankful for the advanced medical world we live in.

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

what a great list! and how wonderful that your back is stable and fine with your check-up!

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Lori said...

I really enjoyed reading your list. I value Christs forgiveness also!!! And praise God for Godly doctors.

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

Linda, what a blessing that Dr. Sanders encouraged you to have the surgery 9 years ago! Your quality of life has to be so much better! To think that your life was seriously jeopardized had you done nothing about the scoliosis in your back. God works wonders, and led you to that fabulous Doctor! You are blessed! Wonderful that he is cancer free too! :)

 
At 5:29 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm glad your surgery went well. At the risk of sounding like a spammer you may be interested in knowing about a new method of relieving discomfort. People who suffer from scoliosis are telling me they are getting relief. My problem was pain from a herniated neck disk. After acupuncture and physical therapy helped somewhat I ultimately invented and patented the SquidFace and ComfyRest pillows to relieve my pain. These pillows enable me to lie facedown comfortably and breathe without turning my head to the side. Among the unexpected benefits of these pillows are relief from back problems both facedown and on your back. Stomach sleepers are finding their backs feel better after using these pillows. Many of the benefits are on my website. Good luck with the brace. Bob www.SquidFace.com

 
At 6:47 AM, Blogger Kerri said...

What a beautiful list Linda! I'm so glad your path crossed that of Dr. Sanders. He sounds like a wonderful man. PTL that he's doing well after his ordeal with cancer. And PTL that your back is doing well too.
How wonderful to be able to walk in shorts and T-shirt, and to see your first wildflower of the season.
Our time will come!
Meanwhile, today it's snowing again and really does look beautiful outside.
God is a wonderfully creative artist!

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

I so enjoyed reading your list dear Linda! How wonderful that you got a good check up about your back...I can't even imagine how painful the surgery must have been at the time!! Also wonderful news about your doctor...God must have decided that he's needed more on earth right now than in heaven:-) Hugs xoxo

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger Barb said...

Shorts and a tee shirt! We're weeks and weeks away from weather like that. Lucky you.

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger Girl Raised in the South said...

Linda, I have to tell you I didnt know you had scoliosis, nor had surgery for it. We have a dear woman in our church, a bit older than me, and it's just getting more and more pronounced. I had no idea it could compromise organ function. So glad to hear you were brave enough to go through the surgery and got good results.

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

Shorts and tshirt! I can't even imagine yet! :v)

Wonderful thankful list. What a blessing to have a doctor that prays with you!

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger Susie said...

I loved reading your thankful list. I am so happy you were able to have a successful surgery for your back, and praise be to God for your doctor's well being. Have a great time alone with God this weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home