Thursday, February 22, 2007
Iris is hosting Thankful Thursday today.
Here is my list for today:
1. I saw my first little purple wild flower the other day. I don't know the name of these little gems, but they are always the first ones I see. They also come in white. I am reminded of God's faithfulness every time I see them and know that the changing of the seasons continues, just as God promised.
2. I took my walk in my shorts and tee shirt today. It was so pleasant. Thank You Lord!!
3. I had my yearly checkup for my back this morning and everything is stable and fine. Nine years ago I had major surgery to correct the scoliosis in my back. I had been diagnosed when I was thirteen, but the curve was very minor and my parents were told nothing needed to be done. However, for some reason the curve worsened in my adults years. It had gotten very severe - 80%. I had seen several doctors, and they always said the surgery was very risky and the decision was up to me!! Of course I declined. However, when I saw Dr. Sanders he said my life was at risk if the curve continued any further. The curvature was beginning to compromise my lungs and heart. I told him I just needed someone to tell me what needed to be done. He said, "You need to have this surgery." Within a month it was done (on my 51st birthday, incidentally). It was very major, and the recovery time very lengthy, but I am so thankful I had it done. He was able to reduce the curve by more than half.
4. I am thankful that Dr. Sanders is cancer free. When I saw him last year for my checkup, he was undergoing chemo for hodgkins. I was afraid I wouldn't see him this year. He is doing well and looks so much better. Not only is he a skilled surgeon, he is a wonderful Christian man. He prayed for me before the lengthy surgery. I am so thankful he is doing well.
5. I am so thankful for forgiveness. That was the subject in our Bible Study this past week. How can we ever thank Jesus for what He did for us?