About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Unto Us A Son Is Given
I Want to be a Who
Catching Up
Christmas Memories
Wisdom from Ruth Bell Graham
Cookie Bar Recipe
Christmas Meme
Love in Action
Moving Day
The Christmas Story

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Tuesday, December 19, 2006
A "Weird Meme"
I have been tagged by Susie (one of the sweetest bloggers out there) to do a meme on the 6 weird things about me. The rule is that upon completion, you must tag six others to do this meme. Don't forget to let them know they've been tagged by leaving them a comment on their blog.

Okay - here goes:
1. I talk to myself all the time. I usually wait until there is noone around, but I have been known to mutter to myself when my husband is within earshot. Then I have to admit I was actually talking to myself and not him. I also (and this is truly weird) tend to address my comments to Mr. E. If you've seen the movie "Emma" this will make sense. If not - just chalk it up to my weirdness.

2. I have the thickest, curliest hair known to mankind. Now I know those of you with straight hair are going to say the usual, "I wish I had curly hair." - but trust me you don't. I cannot just wash my hair and let it air dry. I would look like Larry of Three Stooges fame if I did. I tried it the other day just to see if maybe I could get that cute curly look some women have. Forget it; it just got progressively bigger and bigger until I could hardly get through the door. So - I use those orange juice can size rollers I swore I would never use again after high school. I let my hair grow long for a change and there is no other way to control it.

3. I have absolutely no sense of direction. None. I actually went for a walk while we were on vacation and had a hard time finding my way back to the hotel. And I only went a few blocks away (knowing myself to be directionally challenged). I have learned not to offer helpful suggestions when we are driving around looking for a place. I could swear we were headed in the wrong direction, when it was right all along. It's best not to make suggestions.

4. I have the worst eating habits in the world. When offered the choice between a piece of fruit and a piece of candy - the candy always wins - hands down. Is it any wonder my cholesterol is hovering near the 300 mark?

5. I am terrified of heights. I can remember as a little girl walking on the dock where the ferry landed (we visited my aunts who lived on an island every summer) and feeling whoozy because of the spaces between the boards. I am a total washout at theme parks. My idea of an exciting ride is the Merry-go-round. Other than that I'm the one standing with my two feet planted firmly on the ground waving at all the other brave souls spinning around way above my head.

6. I probably know the lyrics to every old Broadway song or 40's and 50's music that exists. I can still remember hearing Perry Como and Bing Crosby and Andy Williams (all of you young ones - look it up!!!) on the radio. My parents always had music on - and I had a music teacher who loved all those old songs. We would spend the entire class time with her playing the piano as we lustily sang all those old tunes. The guys just loved it

There you have it - 6 weird things about me. I'm sure I could go on and on, but I won't bore you further. I'm going to tag Michelle, Christina, Morning Glory, Erin, Diane, and Susie . Wow!! If I managed to get all these links right I just may go have myself a couple of dark chocolate candy kisses!

Have a blessed day,
Linda
 
  posted at 1:39 PM
  13 comments



13 Comments:
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

Linda, I loved all your cute answers! It is so nice to know I am not the only one that talks to myself, usually when I am chastising myself! lol

Hey, there is nothing weird about choosing chocolate over healthy! hehe!
Smart girl! Love chocolate!

The hair thing ~ me too at least on the curly part, not thick. If you want straight hair...buy a blow dryer with the brush attachment. The one that looks like a giant tooth brush. Hold your hair straight up a hand full at a time till you get around your whole head, then curl your hair. It will amaze you! :)

 
At 4:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Linda. :-)

I already did this meme back in April, so here's a link to it:

http://lenadianejennings.blogspot.com/2006/04/easter-1971-6-weird-things-about-me.html

Hope the link is good, otherwise go to my April archives and scroll down for it.

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger Heather said...

No sense of direction and ADORE 40's music and broadway. I can sing many of them in fact can respond to most things my kids say with a song that is at least mildly related. Everytime they say chocolate we all jump into a rousing rendition of "Lots of Chocolate for me to eat", except for when Shamus is in the room (he hates catchy tunes) nthen the girls and I look at each other with smothered giggles and sing it under our breathe. :)

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger someone else said...

Hi Linda, I enjoyed these! I got your tag but I actually did the nine weird things meme on November 21. Take a look there for mine.

It's not so bad talking to yourself, though, unless you've begun answering yourself!

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Hi Linda,
Thanks for the tag! I've enjoyed reading "weird" things about you (although I just think they're unique differences between us)
I can't stand heights or fast rides either!
I'll do this one soon, although it's probably somewhere in my archives, but I think I've got a few more weird things hidden in me!
:)

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

I'm with you on the candy or any desert for that matter. Thanks for sharing.

 
At 7:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

These were great. Thanks for joining in. I talk to myself every now and then too. About the food, I am horrible. I love sweets, and it gets worse the older I get.

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Hey, except for the hair, you sound an awfully lot like me! I have the straightest hair in the world, but I have height phobia, am a chocoholic, directionally challenged, love the good old songs with the good old singers. It would be fun to meet IRL!

 
At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tag. I really enjoyed reading this one and am going to enjoy participating too. I also talk to myself and am afraid of heights. Oh, and candy over fruit, anyday.

 
At 9:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are not too weird. I cannot imagine thick hair like that, but that does not make you weird - just enviable to most of us!

 
At 9:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The HEIGHTS! I grew up in Brooklyn, and I HATED going on the elevated trains. I used to PLASTER myself against the wall, and, to get on the train, there was a GAP, about 2 inches' worth, that I KNEW I was going to fall through! I can't watch swings, I go through Dramamine or Bonine like you wouldn't believe, and I made the stewardesses sick on my first flight! I sympathize. Thanks for your comments on my post. Love you, dear girl!

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Oh my goodness we have so much in common! I talk to myself, I hate hights and roller coasters (I find it a waste of money for me to go to an amusement park!), and I have no sense of direction either! How funny :) I actually did this one awhile ago, but I'll try to get my answers up there again sometime soon!

 
At 4:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's nothing weird about talking to yourself...I hope! Since I moved away from university and lived on my own, I do it so much more. It's not a problem until I sit there at work and chatter away to myself!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home