About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
The Christmas Story
Just a Little Note
Tuesday Trivia
The Hutch
Psalm 100
Happy Thanksgiving
Friends
I Have The List!
It's Official - I'm Losing My Mind
Search My Heart, O God

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Friday, December 01, 2006
Moving Day

I will be away from the computer for a little while. My Mom and Dad are moving tomorrow. We helped with last-minute packing today. We loaded up some of the more fragile things and made a couple of runs to the new house (It's twenty-four miles from here. I know this because my husband clocked it on the way home in the rental truck). Then we picked up the truck and came back here.

I fixed dinner; we watched a little television; and then Mom and Dad decided to call it a day. They are in their eighties and all of this is a bit exhausting for them. I keep praying the Lord will sustain them through this move.

Our son has rounded up a bunch of young men from his church, and they will be here bright and early to help with the move. They are great guys, and I know everything will go quickly and smoothly.

So....it will be a busy weekend. Once they are settled I will have to begin packing up our things. I've acutally packed about six boxes with all the little do-dads I have scattered around the house (oh so many do-dads!). I looked at my framed pictures of the kids and grandkids - and there must be about fifty, with no exaggeration. Somehow it doesn't look like that many with them all scattered around the house. I will have more boxes of pictures and books than anything else. I'm embarrassed about how many boxes of books there will be. I actually weeded out a couple of bags worth to give to the library, but I simply cannot part with any of the others. I just can't.

I will catch up in a couple of days I hope. I hate to miss out on anything. I'm so silly. I just enjoy your company so very much.

See you soon,
Linda
 
  posted at 8:13 PM
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At 10:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a fun time...lift with your knees =))

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Try not to overdo. Praying this goes smoothly for your parents. I know how stressful a move at that age can be.
We'll miss you too!
((hugs))

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

Happy Moving... we'll miss you and eager for your return!

 
At 6:36 AM, Blogger Heather said...

Hahahah--Laurel Wreath :)

Praying that everything goes well and everyone remains safe. I know what you mean about books. I had so many that I leearned a little lesson. Pack the bottom half of a box with books--so it's liftable, then put sheets or other light stuff on the top half. My dad about shot me the first time I moved and took my books, all packed nicely together. After 7 moves I have finally learned to spread the love. :)

We'll miss you. (Tip--set the computer up first whn you get moved.)

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Hope all goes well with the moving!! Having to pack up and move is always hard but especially at your parents' age. It's great that your son is getting friends to help too:-) We'll miss you too while you're busy but we'll still be here waiting for you when you come back!! Hugs xox

 
At 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck on the move. I will pray your parents don't get too worn out. Hopefully it will go smoothly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home