About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Christmas Meme
Love in Action
Moving Day
The Christmas Story
Just a Little Note
Tuesday Trivia
The Hutch
Psalm 100
Happy Thanksgiving
Friends

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Tuesday, December 05, 2006
Cookie Bar Recipe
I can hardly believe you terrific cooks would ask me for a recipe!! I am delighted to share (I think it is the same one you mentioned Diane -except it calls for walnuts instead of pecans.) Here we go:

Cookie Bars:
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
1 cup (6 oz. pkg.) chocolate chips
1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
1 1/3 cups (one can) condensed milk
Pour melted butter into bottom of 13x9x2 pan. Sprinkle crumbs evenly over melted butter. Sprinkle chopped nuts over crumbs. Scatter chocolate chips over nuts. Sprinkle coconut evenly over chocolate chips. Pour condensed milk evenly over coconut.

Bake 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
Cool in pan 15 minutes.
Cut into bars.
Enjoy! I love them when they are still warm and the chocolate chips are melty. Yummy!! I make these every year.

Thank you all for your sweet, sweet comments. It has been an especially difficult day. I didn't think I would even bother checking my blog (I really have to be feeling low not to want to do that!). I'm so glad I did. You are just the best. I love you guys!!

Blessings,
Linda
 
  posted at 9:25 PM
  10 comments



10 Comments:
At 10:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Double yumm-o. You know what I'll be making this weekend.

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Hmmm....I wonder why Blogger signed my comment as Anonymous on your Christmas meme post? I didn't even notice it until I read back over your comments.

Yep, those are the same cookie bars, and I agree, still warm from the oven is the BEST way to eat them, with a tall glass of cold milk. And you just dump everything in the pan in the order given. Does it get any simpler than that?

Sorry you've had a bad day. I hope you're feeling better now. You know we love you too, dear friend. :-)

(((((HUGS)))))

Diane

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

Thanks for the yummy recipe. Like I mentioned earlier, if you add butterscotch chips it would be my seven layer bar recipe. It is my favorite too! :)

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger Susie said...

Thank you for sharing your recipe! I think I'll be making a batch real soon!
Sorry you were having a bad day today!
Hope tomorrow is filled with happiness!
:)

 
At 12:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am going to be baking Christmas cookies with my Daughter-in-law, Monday and Tuesday. I think I might have to add this one to our list of goodies to make.

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

Those sound great! I have to come up with a treat to take to my Sunday School class Christmas party on Saturday and they sound like they'd fit the bill perfect. :-)

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

It's been awhile since I've had these, but I remember loving them! I don't bake much lately, but should try this again.

Hope tomorrow's better! I know what you mean - checking blogs always helps. Amazing, isn't it??

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

We love you too:-) Hope you have a better day tomorrow!! Thank you so much for the recipe, I think I have that one but it's one I haven't made in years so I'll have to check. Now you've made me hungry for it again though!! hehe Hugs xoxo

 
At 12:27 AM, Blogger Barb said...

Thank you for posting this recipe, Linda! This is what I thought they were. I've had them but never made them. These are going to be a big hit around my house!

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

this sound delicious! The base has a cookie drive for the single airmen and I think I'll have to add this recipe to the batch of cookies I'm contributing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home