About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Just a Little Note
Tuesday Trivia
The Hutch
Psalm 100
Happy Thanksgiving
Friends
I Have The List!
It's Official - I'm Losing My Mind
Search My Heart, O God
Urrrgh!!

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Thursday, November 30, 2006
The Christmas Story


Last month I won a beautiful devotional in a contest that Lindsey had. It is called "The Glorious Coming" and covers the Advent Season from the Story of Creation in Genesis to Jesus' birth.
I began reading today, and it is just beautiful. It is the story of the beginning of time as we know it. The story of how all of God's creation began. It is the beginning of the salvation story.
As I held my Bible in my hands there was a fresh renewal of the wonder that it is truly Jesus' story. From Genesis to Revelation, it is all about Him. As the heavens and the earth were taking form He knew. He knew that He would one day give His life to save the very ones He was creating. And so the story began.
Our choir director reminded us last night before we began to practice for our Christmas Concert that it isn't really about a manger; it is about the cross. I am overwhelmed with gratitude. He loved us so much that He was willing to leave heaven and all of its glory to come and be one of us - so that some day we could be like Him. Did He have a conversation with His Father as they were creating the place we call home? Did the Father talk with Him about the plan? Did He ask His precious Son one more time if He was truly willing to suffer and die and bear our sins in His body? It fills my heart with overflowing love and gratitude to hear Him answer, "Yes. I am willing."
I love Christmas. I love all the things we do with family and friends. I love sharing and giving gifts and decorating and singing carols and baking cookies. But in and through all of that I want to remember that the tiny hands of the infant whose birth we celebrate were pierced for me; that His blood was shed for the forgiveness of my sins. What a precious Savior.
Blessings,
Linda
 
  posted at 9:35 AM
  13 comments



13 Comments:
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

What an awesome book. I will have to try and find it. I totally agree with your pastors. If we didn't have the manger, we wouldn't have the cross.

God Bless!

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

HE is the reason for the season and this is the time of year to celebrate his birth. What a story... God coming to earth as a baby to show us the way! Thanks for the reminder.

 
At 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen and amen! I totally agree. :-)

Merry Christmas!

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger someone else said...

This was really lovely!!

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger Big Mama said...

This was a really great post. Thanks for sharing.

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Pam said...

Sounds like a fabulous book. Thank you for such a special post, and thank you, too, for your sweet comment at my site today. You bless me, too, dear Linda!

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

What a wonderful book to have won...no doubt you will read it many times over:-) Too many are forgetting the Christ in Christmas...we need to remember the true meaning of it!! Hugs xoxo

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

I love that: "From Genesis to Revelation it really is His Story!". You know you know that but it becomes so clear when it's put down in writing like that! I'm starting a Christmas Devotional tomorrow too!

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Thanks for sharing these thoughts today. Beautiful sentiments for this holy season..
:)

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Pamela said...

Sounds like a wonderful book. I love the manger scene as much as the cross.
Lovely post Linda!

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

Beautiful reminder!! Thanks!!!

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

What a great devotional book you won! This is one of my favorite times of year!

 
At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty picture. Of course great story.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home