About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Embroidered Towels
I Hear You Lord - Thank You
HOPE
Back Home and a Question
Why Blog and a Little Update
Just Thinking
One Thousand Gifts
Home
My Dad
A Look Back

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Monday, February 09, 2009
Busy Day
A busy day today. Grocery shopping this morning - which usually takes us several hours. We shop at the Army base which is a good 40 minute ride away. Then we usually have things to purchase at the PX before heading into the Commissary. So...if we make it home by noon, we're really doing well.

We got a late start this morning, so it was past noon when we got home. We hurriedly unloaded and put away all the "stuff", ate a quick lunch and headed to my Mom and Dad's. Another thirty-five minutes in the car.

My Mom has a precious little Holly Hobby quilt (which I should have remembered to take my camera to photograph so this post might be just a little bit interesting) that she was ready to put on her quilting frame. It is always a four-man project, so she waits for us to come to help her.

Having accomplished that task, we sat and visited for a little while and then had dinner together. My Mom always has a delicious meal planned for us. It was meatloaf, potatoes, peas and carrots, salad and grapes for desert.

We just got home a little while ago. It is eight o'clock. I still have to take a bath, do my Bibles Study lesson and practice piano. Whoever said retired life was dull? When people ask me what I do all day, I just inwardly sigh. I don't know how it happens, but the days are always full.

All that to say, not much time for blogging today. I'd actually rather sit here and visit everyone, but I'd better be a good girl. This priority business is a difficult thing!!

Blessings,
 
  posted at 8:00 PM
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At 12:16 AM, Blogger Donnetta said...

Busy day but it sounds like you had a nice visit with family!

And I agree with the priority business thing. It's sure the pits being an adult sometimes, huh? :-)

Happy Beginning to a new week!

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Abba's Girl said...

Looking forward to seeing the quilt pictures in the near future.

I have been putting off going to the store for 3 days...I will spend my lunch hour there.

Annette

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

WOW, you have a talented family. I admired your embroidered towels and now I read about your Mom's quilt making.

Retired life does keep us busy but what a blessing it is! I'm glad we are not sitting in our rocking chairs wasting away but a day or two here and there is nice!

Have a great week!

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger grammy said...

Glad you had a good time seeing the folks. My mother-in-law still likes to cook for us when we are out their visiting. She also likes to take everyone out to eat, which is not the way it use to be. She is slowing down a little bit. me too (o:

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Sounds like a great day - you are blessed to be able to shop on base.

Prioritizing - something I'm working on. I am so much less organized than I was when I sat at my desk all day - I went in early and did personal record keeping. Now I just get behind. Frustrating, and I MUST get it under control. These two days by myself a week are really helping.

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Kerri said...

Oh, isn't it though (priority-difficult)? You certainly had a busy day. What a lovely meal your mom prepared. Glad you had such a nice visit. Perhaps you'll remember the camera next time to take a photo of that lovely quilt.
Isn't it good that life is never dull? :)
I hope you have a blessed weekend with a little time to yourself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home