About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
A Look Back
42 Years!!
Who Me Lord?
Marching To Zion
Family
Back to "Normal"
Rain and Hope
My Word For the New Year
Happy New Year and an update
Interrupted Break

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Saturday, January 17, 2009
My Dad
My computer has been silent for a couple of days - very unusual, and it must be wondering where I've gotten myself off to. Well....we've been at the hospital for past couple of days. My Dad had two more stents put in early this morning. It was a scheduled procedures, and he is doing very, very well. We thank God for His unending goodness.

The heart cath. was scheduled for early friday morning, but because his kidneys were not functioning as well as they should have been (due to the dye from the earlier stents) the doctor put it off for one day. They gave him a special medicine to flush his kidneys and by this morning everything was looking better.

My Mom has stayed with him the whole time this time, and he is much more relaxed. He just doesn't like being separated from her. After 63 years, that is certainly understandable :-) If all of his labs come back okay, he will go home in the morning. He, of course, says he's going home no matter what! An ideal patient he is not.

You have all been so sweet to ask about him and pray for all of us. I am so thankful for all of you. After calling family and close friends I had to check in with y'all. You have truly become an important part of my life. I've tried to read all your posts, but I haven't had time to comment. Hopefully, life will slow down just a bit and I will be able to visit longer soon.

Blessings,
 
  posted at 8:27 PM
  9 comments



9 Comments:
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Those procedures when they get up in those older years are kind of scary. I'm so glad he's doing so well! My folks have been married 62 and I can't imagine one without the other. They were literally babies when they got married.

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger Abba's Girl said...

Thanks for the update. I pray healing and peace over your parents.

Annette

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger Linds said...

Wonderful news re your Dad, Linda. I will be praying for his complete healing too. How lovely that he and your Mum are so devoted to each other!

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger tonia said...

Thank you Lord for healing and grace.

Bless you, Linda. I'm thinking of you today and praying.

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Sandi said...

I will keep praying for a complete recovery for you dad.

I just love how your dad hates being seperated from your mom. That is how God feels about us too.

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

I'm still praying for you and your dad. Please feel the reassurance that you are loved and prayed for even if you don't get the opportunity to comment. You are an inspiration to many and that is a blessing indeed! Have a great week.

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Girl Raised in the South said...

Married for 63 years - what a blessing to have parents who have been together that long! Understandable that he doesnt want her away from him, and vice versa.

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Just seeing this now... I am glad your Dad is home and doing okay. May His peace fill you all and continue to carry you along.

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger Kerri said...

Dear Linda, I read the post about your dad's heart attack, and am so thankful the God put him in the hands of that wonderful doctor. Glad to hear also, that he came through the stent op with such good results.
I'll keep him and your family in my prayers.
You've certainly been through some stressful times!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home