About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
42 Years!!
Who Me Lord?
Marching To Zion
Family
Back to "Normal"
Rain and Hope
My Word For the New Year
Happy New Year and an update
Interrupted Break
Christmas

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Thursday, January 15, 2009
A Look Back
We had a sweet 42nd Anniversary Day together. I love him more deeply with every passing year. He has loved me even when I have been unlovely, with an unconditional, unselfish love. His faith and depth of character call me to something higher. I am so blessed.

I thought I'd give you a little peek back to where those 42 years began and the early years of our family.


January 14, 1967





My soldier. Far too soon after our marriage, the letter from Uncle Sam arrived, and we had to say good-by. He was off to Vietnam - a difficult time.

He was home in time for the birth of our first child.



Scott Stephen - born May 1, 1969


Two little boys and fun camping on July 4th - Todd's birthday.

Brothers - I often wished I could freeze time and keep these two precious little guys just this way for a long, long time.



A precious little daughter added to the family. We were complete.


In 1982 we caught a bit of the "pioneer spirit" and left New York for Texas. We are so glad we did. This was the house we rented while my husband built us the house we are presently living in.

There you have it. A little look back.

Blessings,

 
  posted at 12:14 PM
  14 comments



14 Comments:
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Sandi said...

thank you for sharing with us a look back.

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger grammy said...

Thanks for sharing. It is fun to look back isn't it? Great family pics!

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

How wonderful!! 42 years--amazing! Here's to 42 more!
Thanks for stopping by!

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger Abba's Girl said...

Thanks for sharing the big moments of your life with us.

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger Jess said...

Happy Anniversary! Hope it was wonderful!

Love, Jess

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Sounds like a wonderful day - I especially love the picture of you so very pregnant and with his hat on your head - too cute! You were as wide as you are tall. No offense! So cute.

 
At 12:27 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, Linda! This was just WONDERFUL. I loved learning more of you like this. My heart is just palpitating about the thought of Vietnam and how hard that must have been. The Lord has been good to you!

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Angela said...

Congratulations - God bless you all xx

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger Tea with Tiffany said...

Wow, loved seeing your journey with your precious family. Thank you for sharing and thank you for commenting on my Laced with Grace post yesterday. Your words touched me.

Have a wonderful weekend!

 
At 5:46 AM, Blogger Linds said...

I loved looking at your "look back" Linda! So many blessings, especially the man you have beside you now. Have a great weekend!

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Happy Anniversary Linda, I loved your photos and seeing you and your family through the years :-)

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Oh, Linda, such wonderful pictures...look at you as a beautiful bride!! I know what you mean about wishing you could freeze time to when your kids were small, so often I wish the same thing:-) I miss my boys being babies again!! xoxo

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Elisabeth Black said...

I love seeing all those old photos! Congratulations.

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger Jeremy said...

Oh congratulations on 42 years! I love the look down memory lane. I can totally see my boys in yours... I'm already feeling the bittersweet of them growing up so fast every day. Treasure every moment right? What a beautiful family you have Linda.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home