About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Why Blog and a Little Update
Just Thinking
One Thousand Gifts
Home
My Dad
A Look Back
42 Years!!
Who Me Lord?
Marching To Zion
Family

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Friday, January 30, 2009
Back Home and a Question
We are home. Our son and daughter-in-law walked in the door at 7:15 this morning. We were still in bed, but the kids heard them come and ran out to greet them. They had a wonderful time in Maui. It was nice to see them relaxed and rested (well somewhat rested - they had been traveling all night!).

I don't have a single picture to show all the fun with had with the "grands". When my granddaughter called late monday afternoon with the news that an ice storm was on the way, we packed so quickly I didn't take my camera. I'll just have to tell you that we treasure these times with them and enjoyed every (well nearly every) minute.

The predicted ice storm did indeed arrive, but it was a day late. It didn't start to sleet until late tuesday night. We woke to the noise of the three middle kids jumping on the trampoline at seven o'clock in the morning. It was covered in ice, and they were having a blast jumping and cracking the ice. Next came skating down the driveway. They were vastly disappointed that there wasn't more of it and wished they could have gotten lots of snow instead - thus illustrating that they are children who have been sorely deprived because they live in a place where it rarely snows. When they made the move from Houston to Dallas there was much hope expressed that they would finally see snow. Normally they do get a bit of snow there, but it hasn't lived up to expectations this year.

We played games, ate more fries than we normally do in months, watched "Horton Hears a Who", did puzzles, ran around the playground when the sun came out, and laughed till the tears rolled down our cheeks. We feel a bit like George Bailey ("It's a Wonderful Life) - we're the richest people in town.

I am hopelessly behind in reading posts and commenting. I feel sort of lost when I am gone for several days like this. The weekend is chock full - so I'll begin to get back to a normal schedule on monday. In the meantime....

Blessings,

P. S. Recently my posts haven't been showing up in bloglines. I'm not sure what to do about that. I emailed them but didn't get a reply. I keep trying to hit publish in hopes it will get out there - but no success. I know it's happened to others. Does anyone know how to correct it. It's funny - I feel like I'm caught out in the cold and dark somewhere :-)
 
  posted at 5:13 PM
  15 comments



15 Comments:
At 5:53 PM, Blogger kelli said...

Glad you're back home and that you had such a wonderful time! My husband was in Dallas on Monday and had to fly back into IAH that night. They had to de-ice the plane first.

Hope you are able to quickly and easily get back into the swing of things...sounds like it's still a couple of days away!

Hope you enjoy your chocked full weekend in the meantime:)

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger Sandi said...

Sounds like you had a great time and are recharged. Happy to hear you had a good time.

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger kelli said...

oops...i meant tuesday when they had to de-ice the plane:)

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Sounds great. I love the word picture of the kids cracking thre ice on the trampoline - I never thought of such a thing. Creative!

I will take a snow storm any day over ice.

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger Abba's Girl said...

Linda,

Thanks for your lovely comment concerning dad.

I love your new avatar. Did you take the picture of the butterfly?

Sing today...with joy...

Annette

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Susie said...

So glad you had so much fun with your grandkids. Wish you could have had some snow. My kids rarely see snow either, but it's funny that they rarely complain. They don't enjoy the cold very much and last time it snowed, they only liked it for about 10 minutes.

Hope you aren't too busy this week. You probably need a lot of rest:)

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger grammy said...

Sounds like a great time with the Grandkids. wow, five! Crazy weather huh? Bet your glad to be back in the warm weather where you live. I am sorry you are having blogger problems. I am really bad at that stuff and know it can be so frustrating. Good luck

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Maxine said...

Aren't those times absolutely precious? I cherish the times with the granddaughters. (Haven't had them that long tho.)What fun! I can't imagine jumping on an icey trampoline , but leave it to kids to enjoy something like that. Welcome back and get some rest!!!

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger Linds said...

Your week sounds absolutely perfect for Grandparents! I love the idea of trampolining to crack the ice!

I am so glad you had such a wonderful time, Linda, but it is noce to have you home again!

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Hi Linda,
Time spent with our precious grandchildren is one of life's greatest pleasures isn't it?
Glad you had such fun!
I don't use bloglines anymore, but your posts are showing up just fine in google reader.
xo

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

I don't do bloglines, but have heard of others who have disappeared like that. I hope you get it resolved!

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Jess said...

Glad you are back home and all is well...and i have no clue about the bloglines...

maybe they will answer your email.

love, Jess

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger Amy said...

wow that ice storm sounds scary, I've never gone through one of those before. Glad you had fun with your family :-)

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger Kerri said...

Linda, I noticed that your posts weren't showing up in bloglines, and wondered why you hadn't posted lately. Glad I came over and caught up. Sorry, I don't have any idea how to correct it.
What a gift it is to have time with the grandkids! Glad you all made the most of the ice storm and enjoyed yourselves. It's a wonderful life indeed! :)
I listened to the YouTube video "For Unto Us a Child is Born". Thanks so much for posting that. It's one of my absolute favorites, and what a rendition! So beautful!

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Aunt Angie said...

I am GLAD you all had fun with them...and don't worry..I know you are there...and I am far behind in reading and commenting and E-mailing myself!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home