About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
I Hear You Lord - Thank You
HOPE
Back Home and a Question
Why Blog and a Little Update
Just Thinking
One Thousand Gifts
Home
My Dad
A Look Back
42 Years!!

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Saturday, February 07, 2009
Embroidered Towels


These are little embroidered dishtowels that my Mom made for me years ago. When Donnetta asked for suggestions for a way to use the towels she had, I thought of them. They were packed away with all the other things I packed when I thought we had a buyer for our house.

I unpacked them and hung them up so I could show her how I usually display mine. I'm glad to have them back in their proper place again. I noticed, however, that they are a bit dingy and wrinkly - so I will give them a freshening up this week.

My Dad made the little shelf they're hanging on. I usually have a little collection of pitchers on the shelf. I'm thinking of retrieving those from their cardboard prison too!

I love the way each towel has the day's chore represented. Ah the "good old days", when it really did take all day to do the laundry. I actually love so many things about those good old days, but I am truly thankful for my modern conveniences.

Have a blessed weekend.
 
  posted at 12:58 PM
  13 comments



13 Comments:
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Katrina said...

Linda,

those are such pretty dishtowels! I really enjoy doing embroidery and I like the vintage look of these.

thank you for stopping by my blog today and commenting! I really appreciate it and I don't mind at all when you look around. (warm smile)

hope you are having a good weekend!

Katrina

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger Abba's Girl said...

Very pretty. You know since you hung them up...and if you put everything back out that you pre-packed...you will have a buyer...just kidding, that sounds superstitious.

I am already aching from yard work today and I did not even get the hedge trimmers and chain saw out...yet. I hear an Aleve calling my name.

Have a blessed Sabbath.

Annette

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Hi Linda,
I have a similar set that Grandma made for Mom. Like you, I like somethings about the good old days, but truly appreciate my modern appliances!
xo

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger kelli said...

Oh, Linda...how lovely! What precious memories these most hold for you!

I didn't know you were in the process of selling your home! I must've found your blog after you mentioned that?! Are you moving in the area or somewhere new?

Thanks for sharing the picture of your mom's towels and your dad's shelf. They are priceless! And...if you put up the pitchers, it'd be nice to see a picture of them as well:)

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger the voice of melody said...

Those are beautiful! What a wonderful talent it took your mom to make those. :)

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger kelli said...

Linda...thanks for sharing the tale of your home with me. We were up in the Gruene/New Braunfels area a couple of years ago...don't know if that's near you or not, but the hill country is just gorgeous!

How unsettling it must be living in "wait." It would be so hard to unpack and yet so hard to live without your lovely, meaningful things...the things that make your home yours. *sigh*

I'll be praying, Linda!
...kelli

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

I can remember doing something like that when I was first learning to embroider. So cute! And I'm glad they're out of their cardboard prison, and that they'll be joined by their friends soon!

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger grammy said...

Precious dish towels. My mom sewed all of our clothes on a treadle sewing machine like that one pictured. I still have the machine but it is being stored. I never inherited the talent for sewing. (o:

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger green gables girl said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Hi Linda,
I'm so sorry I haven't commented in a while! Actually, for some reason, I cannot save your blog in bloglines, and that's part of the reason...besides being so far behind stopping by everywhere lately! ;)

These hand towels are so sweet! What treasures they are...I love the vintage look...and the fact that your mom made them for you is even better!

Hugs,
~Tammy

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Here's another one who hasn't been getting updates from your entries in my Bloglines. I'm going to delete your blog and resubscribe and see if that helps.

Most women from our Mothers' generation did needlework like your towels. Too bad some of the later generations don't value the needlework as they should.

Hope you have a great week, Linda. :o)

Love and hugs,

Diane

 
At 12:13 AM, Blogger Donnetta said...

Oh Linda, they're lovely!! What a fantastic way to display them also. I clicked on the picture to enlarge it so I could get a better look! :-)

Thanks for posting these so I could have a visual!! I can see why you would treasure them so.

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

Those are really lovely and a precious keepsake!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home