About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Our Walk
The Least
His Only Child
Don't Be Anxious
Sighing and Other Subtle Forms of Communication
MY WEEKEND / ONE THOUSAND GIFTS
One Thousand Gifts
The Kinds
The Simple Woman's Daybook
WAITING

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Monday, October 20, 2008
Pruning
I have a dear little flower garden that sits between the sidewalk and the garage. In the spring, I give it lots of time and attention, but when the temperatures begin hovering around 95 degrees I tend to....well....ignore it. For weeks I have been averting my eyes as I walk past it. It has gone wild!




Left to their own devices, all the things I don't want to grow have flourished, and the plants I really do care about get crowded out.


The weather has finally cooled down. The a.c. is silent and the windows wide open to the cool, fresh breezes. Time to do some pruning. Armed with my trusty clippers, kneeling pad and gardening gloves, I went to work this morning.


I was merciless - cutting back and pulling out everything that didn't belong. I even cut back the flowers that like to sleep through the cooler months.

This is the end result .... order and room for good plants to breathe and grow.



"I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit, He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit, He prunes it, that it may bear more fruit."
Matt. 15: 1,2

Father,
Please do the necessary work in my heart so that I may bear fruit for You.

Blessings,

 
  posted at 12:24 PM
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At 3:12 PM, Blogger grammy said...

I need to cut back lots of things in my yard. Guess it wouldn't hurt to look at my heart either.

 
At 3:24 AM, Blogger Linds said...

My friend has been ruthlessly hacking back my garden for me - the kneeling is out of the question, but I can use the loppers!

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Susanne said...

I can totally relate to this post.

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger ~~Deby said...

Great picture of how the Lord works in our lives..glad he doesn't destroy the whole garden as he prunes...but leaves the good intact and then even sends great fertilizer...ie;friends, good sermons,HIS WORD....
GOOD post.
Deby

 

Post a Comment

<< Home