About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Don't Be Anxious
Sighing and Other Subtle Forms of Communication
MY WEEKEND / ONE THOUSAND GIFTS
One Thousand Gifts
The Kinds
The Simple Woman's Daybook
WAITING
MR. & MRS. DOVE
Pickled Eggplant
Taking The Bait

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Tuesday, October 14, 2008
His Only Child


"An infinite God can give all of Himself to each of His children. He does not distribute Himself that each may have a part, but to each one He gives all of Himself as fully as if there were no others."
-A.W. Tozer

I have been thinking a lot about the way God sees each of us. Imagine keeping track of so many children. I can remember back to the days when I taught pre-school. Whenever we went on an outing, I spent most of my time counting heads. I was terrified of losing one of them. I know the Father has no such fears. He sees each of us - as though we were His only child.

Then there is the matter of prayer. I wonder, at any given moment, just how many of us are talking to Him? Whenever I walk into our large Women's Bible Study, the sound of all those voices talking at once is so confusing. It is impossible to distinguish one voice from all the others speaking at the same time. Not so for the Father. He hears each of our prayers, each of our deepest thoughts, as though we were the only one speaking.

In my darkest hour, I call out Your name
While millions of others are doing the same.
You bend down to listen, and say, "My child come.
I hear you as though you were my only one."

In these days when circumstances seem to overwhelm us, it is such a comfort to know He sees, He hears, He loves - just as though I, just as though you, were His only child.

Blessings,
 
  posted at 4:30 PM
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Just as we love all our children equally, God loves us all equally, with no partiality toward any.


Great devotion, Linda.

Hope you're having a great week, my friend. :o)

Love and hugs,

Diane

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger grammy said...

Great thoughts. You always put a lot of work and love in your post as usual. Thanks

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Susie said...

What comforting thoughts you've shared today my friend..
Hope you're having a wonderful week
xo

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

It seems our minds have been thinking and processing similar things.

Thanks for sharing these thoughts from a slightly different angle to keep me thinking on such promising truths!

 
At 4:00 AM, Blogger Linds said...

Wonderful words, Linda. You always make me stop and think.

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger Abba's Girl said...

Your post is filled with comfort and peace.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home