About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
WAITING
MR. & MRS. DOVE
Pickled Eggplant
Taking The Bait
Shout to the Lord
God Over All
One Thousand Gifts
Interrupting My Break For....Socks!
Undecided
One Thousand Gifts

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Monday, September 29, 2008
The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my Window.....blue skies, bright sunlight and a breeze moving the branches of the big oak trees.

I am thankful for....safe travels for my daughter as she flew home from France. After three long months it is so good to have her home.

From the kitchen...a few jars of pickled eggplant to make our sandwiches taste delicious!

I am wearing...a green short-sleeved shirt, blue shorts and my white socks that pass for slippers these days.

I am reading..."Sarah's Quilt" by Nancy Turner

I am hoping...the businessmen who said they were interested in our house will decide to buy it!

I am creating... tiny baby blankets for the little babies in our local hospital.

I am hearing...the hum and whirr of the washing machine and dryer. I am really thankful for the work they do for me.

Around the house...it is time to do something with my sadly neglected flower garden. The lack of rain and unrelenting heat of the summer months have taken a toll on it. And I have been too lazy up until now to get out there and do something about it.

One of my favorite things...is sitting on the couch with a good book and a cup of tea.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...piano lessons tomorrow afternoon, Bible Study wednesday morning, volunteer work at church wednesday afternoon, choir practice wednesday evening, a weekend trip to visit the kids and grands in Dallas!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...




This is our resident Roadrunner. I am constantly amazed at the creativity of the Father. This little guy is such fun to watch. I even caught him perched on the edge of the birdbath the other day - getting a deep drink of water.

For other Simple Woman Daybook entries please visit here.

Blessings,
 
  posted at 1:16 PM
  8 comments



8 Comments:
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Sweet Woodruff said...

oh wow, I haven't seen a road runner in so long!!! Thanks for the picture. I'm from Texas, but we're in Florida now.

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger Shawna said...

I've never seen a roadrunner before, so I showed my husband and reminded him you're from TX. He said we have them here! Well, I didn't know that. I've only lived here my whole entire life! lol

Have a blessed and happy week, Linda!

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

The roadrunner is so cute! You're right about God's creativity and sense of humor.

I love this post - and should join in sometime. Your comment to me today was so apropos to your situation - I trust the businessman you mentioned in your post will work out! What a long wait you have had. Did you ever unpack??

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

How delightful to have roadrunners in your area...that's something I've never seen in person, only in pictures!

Enjoyed reading your Simple Woman's Daybook....glad to hear that your daughter is now home safe and sound! I'm always thankful for my washer and dryer as well...when I think of what our ancestors had to go through to do the washing makes me cringe! lol xoxo

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Maxine said...

This daybook is such a nice idea. Thanks for the picture of the roadrunner. I've never seen one in "Person."

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Dee said...

This is a beautiful post. It speaks to my heart because of the pleasure of simple things. God bless you, Sister, and thanks for taking the time to share. Dee

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Susie said...

This is a fun meme and perhaps I'll try it sometime. So glad to hear you daughter is home safe and sound.
Enjoyed seeing the roadrunner picture!
I know that those businessmen buying your home would be the answer to your prayers.
xo

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

I've never seen a real road runner. I don't think that I knew they were real. I thought it was just in the cartoons... duh on me! Thanks for the insight.

I love sitting on my couch with a good book and a cup of tea, too! So calming... go have a cup right now and enjoy the moment! Great post!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home