About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
One Thousand Gifts
The Kinds
The Simple Woman's Daybook
WAITING
MR. & MRS. DOVE
Pickled Eggplant
Taking The Bait
Shout to the Lord
God Over All
One Thousand Gifts

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Monday, October 06, 2008
MY WEEKEND / ONE THOUSAND GIFTS

This weekend we took Great-grandma and Great-grandpa to visit our son (their grandson) and his family in their new home.



These are seven of the priceless blessings given to us by a loving Father.





Little boys absorbed in a cut-throat game of chess. Great-grandpa made the chess board for them. He has great fun challenging all of them. It's getting harder and harder for him to beat them!



Resting after a day filled with activity. The quilt wrapped around J. was a gift from Great-grandma. She has made quilts for every child and grandchild and is slowly working her way down the list of great-grandchildren. It was J's turn this time. Quilts for the two littlest granddaughters are in the works!


It was a beautiful, very windy day. A perfect day for a trip to the park, running down hills and flying airplanes.



It was so pleasant to just sit (some of us) and watch all the activity (everyone else).

We went to Hobby Lobby to buy things like toy airplanes, magic markers, clay and knitting needles and yarn. My granddaughter wanted to learn to knit. She is doing remarkably well.



I taught my oldest granddaughter to knit years ago. She's making great progress on that scarf.

Great-grandma and little G. were busy coloring.



It seemed there was always a game of chess in progress. The kids were ever hopeful that they could beat Great-grandpa just once.


Four generations of much-loved men and boys. It seems I just blinked and that "boy" in the middle was a husband and father. How quickly the time goes. How blessed we are.

All dressed up for church. It was time for us to head home. The good-byes are always so hard. I wish I could just pack them all in my suitcase and bring them home.

Thank You Father. What a precious blessing to know that they all love and believe in You. We are going to get to spend eternity together - such love and grace.

Blessings,


 
  posted at 2:41 PM
  9 comments



9 Comments:
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Linds said...

What a wonderful trip you have had, Linda, and what a beautiful family! I loved seeing the happy photos of all the ages enjoying each other!Blessings indeed.

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Maxine said...

You have a lovely family and I enjoyed these pictures of the precious time you all had together. I know you'll cherish these times.

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger grammy said...

Loved the pictures. I love the time with my grandchildren. They are just 10 minutes away. I am blessed. Wish my mother was still here to enjoy them.

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Making memories with loved ones... that is a blessing indeed! How fortunate to have all of the generations together and enjoying activities together... PRICELESS! Thanks for sharing your precious moments.

 
At 12:28 AM, Blogger Susanne said...

What precious pictures and memories. The chess ones made me smile as I remember times with grandparents and the old chess board.

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Oh Linda, what a delightful time you all had...just being together must have felt wonderful:-) I love the fact that great grandma makes quilts for all the children, grandchildren, etc...how very special that is. Loved seeing all the pictures, every one of them precious. Chess is a game I've never been able to figure out! lol xoxo

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

What a wonderful week-end! Beautiful family.

Interesting that we both posted our grands playing chess - DC has a very special chess board, too - made by a good church friend.

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Barb said...

This is so nice, Linda. I especially love the photo of Great Grandma and Little G coloring together. Just stopped in to say hello and see how you're doing. Obviously, you're doing quite well. :-)

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger Ann Voskamp @Holy Experience said...

These pictures made me smile... you captured love. We could feel it. And it's a beautiful thing...
You are blessed, Linda... encircled by so much love....

I send mine...
Ann

 

Post a Comment

<< Home