About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Sighing and Other Subtle Forms of Communication
MY WEEKEND / ONE THOUSAND GIFTS
One Thousand Gifts
The Kinds
The Simple Woman's Daybook
WAITING
MR. & MRS. DOVE
Pickled Eggplant
Taking The Bait
Shout to the Lord

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Friday, October 10, 2008
Don't Be Anxious
We woke to what has become the norm these days - bad economic news. Listening to the news or news articles has become a rather depressing business these days. It seems that in spite of the best efforts of man things continue to worsen. The Stock Market was on a roller coaster ride this morning.

As we got ready to go for our walk the regular radio programming was interrupted to cover the President's speech. I decided to put in my earphones and hook on my Walkman and listen as I walked. There was nothing very comforting and the follow-up discussion was filled with doom and gloom.

Then I spotted them - the last of the wild flowers growing along the side of the road. Most of them sitting peacefully amid very difficult circumstances. The ground is so dry because we haven't had rain in so long. Much of the things growing around them look rather dry, but there they were looking serenely beautiful.

As I watched a beautiful bluebird glided gently to the ground making a splash of brilliant color against the backdrop of fading grasses. I thought of Jesus' words and my heart was comforted:

" Consider the ravens, for they neither sow nor reap; and they have no storeroom nor barn; and yet God feeds them; how more valuable you are than the birds!




Consider the lilies, how they grow; they neither toil nor spin; but I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory did not clothe himself like one of these.
But if God so arrays the grass in field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, how much more will He clothe you, O men of little faith!


Do not be anxious then, saying, 'What shall we eat? or What shall we drink? or With what shall we clothe outselves?


For all these things the Gentiles eagerly seek; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.

Therefore do not be anxious for tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself."


"Casting all your anxiety upon Him, because He cares for you." I Peter 5:7

Then on the way home this sign in front of the school just up the street from us.


Father - thank you for the precious reminders of Your love and faithfulness. We rest in You - our Rock and Sure Foundation.



Blessings,
 
  posted at 11:28 AM
  10 comments



10 Comments:
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Abba's Girl said...

Linda, Thank you for the beautiful post. It made my heart sing. Wonderful pictures, Scriptures, and words.

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger grammy said...

Loved it. I guess you carry your camera. I wish I would remember to. I have never been a worrier. My mother drove me crazy with it and I just couldn't follow in her foot steps. Let tomorrow worry about itself.

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger ~~Deby said...

What a great and timely post.
I did something sort of the same knowing that there are so many changes going on right now for so many of us...
First time at your blog. I will be back.
~~Deby

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger Sandi said...

Thank you I need this reminder. Not sure what our mortgage company will do we take each day at a time.

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Absolutely right on target - thanks so much!

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Thank you Linda, how refreshing to have such nice reminders from God! I thought of 1 Peter 5:7 this morning as I talked to my sister about the "doom and gloom" of the nation. God is in charge, so I will be strong, pray and give thanks for friends like you that have the encouraging words I need at just the right time. You are blessing to me!

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Just when it feels like there's nothing to look forward to God goes and picks us up by the beauty of his creation :-)

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Susanne said...

This post was a breath of fresh air in the midst of the constant barrage of bad news on the tv!

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Cyndi said...

Amen!! There are so many reminders around us to tell us how bad things are, how dire our circumstances are. But there are just as many reminders of God's sovereignty and provision, if we only have eyes to see and ears to hear. What a great post!

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger Shawna said...

Linda, I know these verses, so I knew where you were going, but as soon as I saw the first picture, I felt peace. You did a good job here, and I know that when I visit, I will find peace and comfort. Thanks for that. You are a blessing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home