About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
The Least
His Only Child
Don't Be Anxious
Sighing and Other Subtle Forms of Communication
MY WEEKEND / ONE THOUSAND GIFTS
One Thousand Gifts
The Kinds
The Simple Woman's Daybook
WAITING
MR. & MRS. DOVE

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Saturday, October 18, 2008
Our Walk
I've taken you along on our bike ride. Today I thought I would invite you to come take a walk with us. Put on your walking shoes (or walking sandals in my case), and let's get started. My husband is leading the way down the driveway. We decided a long time ago that if we were to walk together he wouldn't get the excercise he needs. So this is pretty much my view of him all along the walk :-)


We will take a right and leave Home Depot and the shopping center behind us. They don't make for nearly as nice a walk. This is our neighbor's house.



A left hand turn takes us down the long hill....



and past my friend E's house. She and her husband walk with us whenever they aren't working.



At the bottom of the hill is a culdesac where we circle around and head back up the hill.



This is the longest climb on our walk and the point at which I usually fall sadly behind.



This beautiful holly bush is growing along the fenceline about half way up the hill. See - fall colors even in South Texas!



We're finally nearly at the top of the hill. That's the Christian School perched above us.



Another left hand turn and we're headed down the street.



Here's another beautiful Holly Bush. I keep promising myself I'm going to get one for our yard. They put out beautiful white flowers in the spring and then these gorgeous berries in the fall.



We've made it up another hill and onto a more level part of the road.



a pretty autumn wreath on our neighbor's gate



At the crest of another hill and around a bend in the road...



We are patriotic Americans and proud Texans!



This modest little trailer home was one of the only homes on this little country road when we first moved here. In fact the road wasn't even paved. When the occassional car or truck went by, it made for a rather dusty walk!



We've reached the end of the road. Time to turn around and head back.



This is the other house that was here when we first moved in. It's a sweet little Victorian house that was moved here from town.



Here we are - home at last. You've walked a little over three miles! Good for you! Now we can get a nice cold glass of water and relax.

Have a blessed weekend,
 
  posted at 11:15 AM
  12 comments



12 Comments:
At 11:48 AM, Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

This was just heavenly and your still in shorts even! Wonderful! I look forward to more catching up. I still get a little weepy now and then. I miss my Dad and my uncle but they are in a much better place, a very Heavenly mansion with family. Thanks for the prayers! God Bless!

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Well, I thoroughly enjoyed our walk, Linda! It's always interesting to me to see other parts of our country. I hadn't realized your area was so hilly. And it looks so dry there...

Hope you have a blessed and beautiful weekend, Linda. :o)

Love and hugs,

Diane

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger tonia said...

lovely! i enjoy seeing pictures of other parts of the country...Texas is quite different from my home in Oregon!

everywhere i walk from my house is mostly uphill...how did that happen?...and i am always ready for a nice rest and cold water when i come home. it gets us in shape quicker, right? egads.

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Joanne@ Blessed... said...

Linda,

Thank you for your sweet comment over at Laced with Grace yesterday. How blessed to have your own precious mother as your Elizabeth!

I enjoyed your 3 mile walk. We took the family to Texas a few years ago and We LOVED how everyone seemed to hang their Texas flag. We live in a neighborhood and have a 20ft flagpole outside our home. The American flag proudly flies there daily, yet you will NEVER see us fly a California flag!

Blessings, Joanne

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Great walk Linda, and I so enjoyed seeing your part of the world. I miss not being able to take our nice long walks, but am grateful I can still get out and walk even if they're shorter.
xo

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Susie said...

What beautiful surroundings! I love the Hill Country, and would love to retire there someday. Colorado would be my first choice, but I hate being cold. Thanks for taking us along. So fun!

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger grammy said...

That seemed longer than 3 miles. How long does it take? How hot is it. Funny that he is so much ahead of you. If he is anything like my hubbie, he is not to chatty while walking anyway (:

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

Thanks for the lovely walk - I would probably have been back there with you, though I USED to walk very fast. Are there any bathrooms along the way? That's my latest problem with taking long walks, and why I go to the gym.

I never realized you'd have so many hills to climb!

If you need a good chuckle today, check out Kristen's no-good very bad morning that she writes about so sarcastically well --

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

A lovely area to walk in Linda!

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger Aunt Angie said...

I think I have a rock in my shoe...hang on....okay. There. It's out.
I enjoyed that walk! I REALLY need to get out more! Other than work...that doesn't count.

I had you on my heart and thought I'd better check up on you!

Have a blessed week. Thankfully, the weather is getting better for walking!

 
At 3:37 AM, Blogger Linds said...

I never imagined Texas having hills! I have no idea why, now I come to think of it. I loved going on the walk with you, and I used to walk really fast too, but now I would be trailing behind everyone! Walking slowly means you have the time to take the photos, of course, and you can't do that when you go off fast, so I am glad you take your time, Linda!

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger Shawna said...

You have a lovely home, and a very nice place to walk. I, like Diane, didn't realize it was so hilly.

So glad you decided to take us along! :0)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home