About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
The Kinds
The Simple Woman's Daybook
WAITING
MR. & MRS. DOVE
Pickled Eggplant
Taking The Bait
Shout to the Lord
God Over All
One Thousand Gifts
Interrupting My Break For....Socks!

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Thursday, October 02, 2008
One Thousand Gifts












We leave tomorrow morning to visit the kids and grands in Dallas. We're taking Great-grandma and Great-grandpa with us. We will be four generations of family. I know how very blessed we are.






The abundance of butterflies. They are so delicately beautiful. I watched one this morning when we stopped for our water break on our bike ride - black with blue "etchings". Oh Father - You truly are the Master Artist.

An afternoon of visiting with our daughter and hearing all about her time in Versailles.

Just the tiniest hint of fall in the air in the evenings - the promise of cooler days.

Freshly plowed fields - the richness of dark soil against vivid green.

The silly antics of the little squirrel who lives in our old oak tree. He is quite the little acrobat. In these very dry times I've seen him gracefully leap up onto the edge of the birdbath and take a refreshing drink.



Studying the Psalms - the way the words express so precisely all those things I feel in the depths of my heart. The encouragement in knowing that I can always tell the Father exactly how I'm feeling - even when I'm at my worst. He never fails to bend down to listen, to draw me into His arms, to fill me with His all-sufficient presence.

For the encouragment of friends just exactly when I need it - a gift from their hearts and His.

I must go and get ready for our little trip. We leave first thing in the morning. Have a blessed weekend everyone. I'll see you in a few days.

Blessings,
 
  posted at 2:26 PM
  7 comments



7 Comments:
At 7:37 PM, Blogger Sandi said...

I send prayer for safe travel and fun times.

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Have a blessed trip and visit with the family! I cannot believe all the butterflies around here too-it's amazing!

 
At 2:40 AM, Blogger Linds said...

Have a wonderful time, Linda - 4 generations together really is a wonderful blessing!

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Abba's Girl said...

4 Generations - Wow, what a blessing. Have a great trip and a blessed Sabbath.

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

I know you love those trips to see the grands - have a wonderful time! And taking the greats too - what a treat for everyone.

I'm glad you're getting a bit of fall feeling. We head for Georgia Friday and I hope it's not hot there. It's been so great here for the last few weeks.

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Have a wonderful trip Linda, the Lord bless your thankful heart.

 
At 1:58 AM, Blogger Amy said...

Have a fun safe trip :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home