About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
A Father-Son Project
Learning to Lean
Pruning
Our Walk
The Least
His Only Child
Don't Be Anxious
Sighing and Other Subtle Forms of Communication
MY WEEKEND / ONE THOUSAND GIFTS
One Thousand Gifts

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Friday, October 24, 2008
Preemie Stocking Caps
I have spent a delightful few hours knitting and crocheting preemie-sized stocking caps for the Knit One,Save One Campaign. Barb told us all about it on her blog. If you would like to participate just go there for all the information. I think it is a very worthwhile project and takes so little time and just a tiny bit of yarn to make these teeny, tiny caps.












I'd like to make a few more. It is easy to make one while watching tv in the evening. I like to imagine the precious babies whose little heads will be kept warm this winter.

Blessings,
 
  posted at 5:16 PM
  10 comments



10 Comments:
At 6:24 PM, Blogger Barb said...

Your little caps are adorable, Linda. I can see, you made one of the crocheted patterns the Knit One Save one site gave us. It's amazing how fast you can crochet one of those, isn't it? Crocheting in the round is fast.

But I have to say, your little stocking cap from my pattern is just adorable.

Isn't this just the easiest thing you ever did, for such a great cause? I can tell the thought of a tiny little baby in an underdeveloped country, where the moms can use all the help they can get, makes you feel good too.

I'm so glad you've jumped in with me. I think the hardest thing about this whole project is deciding when to STOP making the little caps. They're so much fun to make, and so sweet.

And it just makes you feel good, all over, huh.

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger daniele @ domestic serenity said...

what adorable caps and such a worthwhile project! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog Linda and for commenting. This is a lovely space you have here. Come again any time...

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Those little knitted hats are so adorable. I had read on Barb's blog about the preemie hats...makes me so wish I knew how to knit!!! xoxo

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger grammy said...

So cute. I am sure you have already thought about this....praying for the baby that will some day wear the cap. I always enjoy you stopping by. I would love to watch horses out my window. (O:

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Susanne said...

I'm seeing so many people jumping on board with Barb to do this precious project. I love when blogland pulls together for needs. Your little caps are just adorable and I know some sweet babies are going to be kept warm this year!

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Aunt Angie said...

THOSE are BEAUTIFUL! As a grandmother of a little 2 lb 7 oz little preemie 5 years ago...I know the value of every little prayed over stitch! Our Zackary was the recipient of a similar crocheted cap! Tiffany still has it in his baby book. SO VERY TINY~adorable. Zackary is a little sweet boy full of energy. God has been good. I wish I could knit or crochet! Someone in Birmingham did many for the NICU there at UAB Hospital.
It is indeed a blessing to those families!

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Aunt Angie said...

THOSE are BEAUTIFUL! As a grandmother of a little 2 lb 7 oz little preemie 5 years ago...I know the value of every little prayed over stitch! Our Zackary was the recipient of a similar crocheted cap! Tiffany still has it in his baby book. SO VERY TINY~adorable. Zackary is a little sweet boy full of energy. God has been good. I wish I could knit or crochet! Someone in Birmingham did many for the NICU there at UAB Hospital.
It is indeed a blessing to those families!

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger someone else said...

Linda, your little caps are precious!! I truly can imagine tiny little fuzzy-haired heads in them.

 
At 12:43 AM, Blogger tonia said...

oh my, those are so darling. my mom brings home preemie drug babies from the hospital (she's a foster parent) regularly and they always have the sweetest little gifts from people who have knit or sewn. it really does make a difference.

 
At 6:14 AM, Blogger ~~Deby said...

Those are so sweet...what a wonderful thing to do and to be productive at the same time.
IF I do something when watching t.v it keeps me from snacking...
Deby

 

Post a Comment

<< Home