About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Learning to Lean
Pruning
Our Walk
The Least
His Only Child
Don't Be Anxious
Sighing and Other Subtle Forms of Communication
MY WEEKEND / ONE THOUSAND GIFTS
One Thousand Gifts
The Kinds

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Wednesday, October 22, 2008
A Father-Son Project
On monday and tuesday our son Todd and my husband Steve were at my Mom and Dad's house installing the hardwood flooring my Mom has wanted for such a long time. She has always loved them and the rather worn, stained carpeting that was in the little house they bought made her rather sad. So my Dad decided to make her wish for new floors come true.


Both of our sons have worked with my husband from the time they were very young, building our home, doing restorations, church projects and over the years building several other homes. It is amazing to see the skill they have acquired. On this project my husband let Todd be the "lead man" while he took the role of assistant. My husband could not be prouder of the job he did. Have a look...





The workman hard at his labor.





The finished kitchen floor....

The livingroom....





The tired assistant...


Mom getting her little treasures back in place....



A beautiful job well done - and one happy Mom!

Blessings,
 
  posted at 4:16 PM
  12 comments



12 Comments:
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

How lovely for her! It looks beautiful. The "Crew" did a great job!

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

A job well done indeed... and what a talented bunch of men! Your mom is one lucky mom.

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger grammy said...

So pretty! Wish my floor shinned like that. Todd is a good name. My oldest son shares that good name (o:

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Oh my, what a wonderful job Todd and your husband did putting the hardwood floor in...it looks just gorgeous! I'm hoping to some day have such flooring throughout my house!! Your mom must have been super thrilled with the results:-) xoxo

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

They did an exceptional job, Linda. I've never seen a more professional looking result. It's gorgeous and I'd be tickled to have that flooring in my apartment.

xoxoxo

Diane

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Susie said...

I had no idea that you had such a talented group of men in your midst. Beautiful floors! What a lovely gift.

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger the voice of melody said...

That is great work! Those floors are beautiful. Glad your mom will be able to enjoy them.

Many sweet blessings!

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

The house looks absolutely gorgeous. DC would love to have hard wood floors someday. My niece with the log home (I'll be writing about in later this week) has them as well. Rally pretty.

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Sandi said...

A nice job done indeed. What a blessing that family could do that for her.

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Aunt Angie said...

What a beautiful FLOOR! I know she is thrilled! I love a hardwood floor :)

We are off this afternoon for a Sister's Retreat....but it is raining...say a prayer for good traveling!

Love you!

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Shawna said...

That floor is absolutely gorgeous! I bet your mother is so proud of that. You have a very talented family (including you!)

Beautiful.

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger ~~Deby said...

Beautiful floor...my husband and son in law have done mine...and boy is it hard on my husband's back..but I sure do appreciate the work...as I am sure your mom does.
Deby

 

Post a Comment

<< Home