About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Tell Me the Story
Worship and Praise
Preemie Stocking Caps
A Father-Son Project
Learning to Lean
Pruning
Our Walk
The Least
His Only Child
Don't Be Anxious

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Wednesday, October 29, 2008
One Thousand Gifts


A few of the gifts the Father places along the way as we walk:


Little goats munching lunch







HUGE plants. We have no idea what the proper name for this plant is, but my husband likes to refer to it as the "giant pineapple".


An adorable little donkey. He sometimes comes to fence to have his little nose rubbed.


More gifts:



Brand new floors for Mom and Dad

A multitude of little butterflies fluttering along the way as we walk (they never will hold still long enough to pose for a picture).

Our evenings have become delightfully cool.

I do love my piano lessons and feel so grateful I am able to have them. My teacher is so infinitely patient and such fun.

The sweet "visitor dog" one of the ladies brought to choir the other day. They were on their way to visit people in the hospital. Sasha is such a sweet, gentle, patient dog. I know they must all fall in love with this beautiful German Shepherd. I did. She reminded me of Shep - the dog of my childhood.

I have such fun watching the antics of the silly squirrels in our front yard. There is one in particular that is like a hyper little kid. He looks for all the world like he's doing a little happy dance.

I am so thankful for God's provision - even in these difficult financial times.

Our son has been given a huge promotion. We are so thankful that the Lord has so blessed and honored his work.

Rain

Sweet little wildflowers and brilliant holly berries

delicious fried chicken

working in my flower garden on a "diamond" of a day - brilliant blue skies, golden sunlight, clear, cool breezes

the dove "couple" sitting peacefully on the edge of the birdbath in perfect harmony

a day at home with nothing pressing "to do"

the sound of my son's laughter

time spent with my Mom - getting to hear her reminisce about her younger days; love hearing the stories

seeing my son strong and well as he worked to make my Mom's dream of new floors come true

the privilege of spending time around God's word with my friends

a letter from a dear, dear friend

a phone call from a friend I hadn't talked to in far too long

a nice hot bowl of stew on a chilly evening

beginning another good book

Thank You Father, for filling my life with Your precious gifts.

"I will give thanks to the Lord with all my heart; I will tell of all Thy wonders. I will be glad and exult in Thee; I will sing praise to Thy name, O Most High."
Psalm 9: 1,2



Blessings,
 
  posted at 2:28 PM
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Dear Linda,
Reading your list of gifts/blessings fills me with a sense of peace. Stopping to be grateful for ordinary everyday things is the perfect thing to do in stressful times.
I absolutely love and so admire the beautiful floors your Mom now has.
xo

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger grammy said...

Nice bike ride. I just went on one with my hubby. It was not a long ride, but it sure makes me tired. I can walk longer before I give out (O: Love your list of blessings. I would add, hugging my one year old grandbaby and kissing her little neck (to much for her comfort level (O: but I just see her growing so fast I want to squeeze her while I can.

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Abba's Girl said...

What a beautiful posts and pictures. I felt like I was taking a walk with you. I love the giant pineapple.

xoxo Annette

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Angela said...

So lovely to read of your "diamond" of a day - brilliant blue skies, golden sunlight, clear, cool breezes, as I sit here looking out over a cold, grey, wet rainy English afternoon!Visiting Blogland is one of my blessings! x x

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger the voice of melody said...

It sounds like you have quite a bit to be thankful for! What a great list of little things and not-so-little things.

It's when we stop to think of all that surrounds us, all the beauty, the joys amidst the difficulties that we find abundant peace and contentment.

May you continue to have too many blessings to count! :)

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger Ann Voskamp @Holy Experience said...

I join you in giving thanks for all these gifts.

Aren't they breathtaking, Linda?

Simple things: that aren't simple in the least. Ordinary miracles.

Like: a nice hot bowl of stew on a chilly evening

Thank you, Lord...

How I send love,
Ann

 

Post a Comment

<< Home