About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
The Simple Woman's Daybook
Worry
Southern Gospel
Our Refuge
Journaling
One Thousand Gifts
THE LIGHT
Happy Birthday to our Yankee Doodle Boy!
Home and a Post on Freedom
Visiting the Grands

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Works For Me Wednesday
This is only the second time I've ever participated in Works-For-Me Wednesday. I enjoy reading the posts but haven't had anything really original to share. Then, as I was working on my quilt I thought about how clever and useful the little holder my Mom made for me is. It holds all the things I need to do my hand quilting and is so convenient.



It folds into a little 4" by 9" holder.


It unfolds revealing little compartments for my "tools" for quilting.


I have scissors, quilting pencil, glasses and pins, thimble and thread in the bigger pocket. She used all the fabrics I love (anything with flowers and cute prints) and embellished it with her crocheted lace. It definitely works for me!

For lots of other really clever ideas click on over to Shannon's blog.

Blessings,
 
  posted at 11:35 AM
  7 comments



7 Comments:
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

How clever that it folds up to be so compact. Great idea!

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

That is absolutely wonderful - what a clever mom!

Please come over and read my latest prayer request. Thank you!

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger Pam said...

This is cute and so totally useful, Linda. Wonderful WFMW. Thanks for sharing.

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger Susie said...

I love it! What a cute invention!

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger Abba's Girl said...

I will have to show this to my friend Jan, she quilts and would probably love to sew one for herself.

Have a blessed day.

Annette

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

That is so delightful and I can see how it would help you have everything you need at hand while you're quilting! Your mom did a fabulous job making it and I love all the special touches she put to it:-) xoxo

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Lori said...

I love this! How useful.

Lori

 

Post a Comment

<< Home