About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Our Refuge
Journaling
One Thousand Gifts
THE LIGHT
Happy Birthday to our Yankee Doodle Boy!
Home and a Post on Freedom
Visiting the Grands
Good-byes
Arms of Love
A Love Story

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Saturday, July 19, 2008
Southern Gospel
My husband and I have been HUGE fans of Southern Gospel music for more years than many of you have been alive! When we lived up north, we made a yearly pilgramage to the Blue Mountain Gospel Festival at the end of every summer. Several families from our little country church would load up their campers, and we would make the long drive from Upstate New York to the beautiful rolling hills around Kempton, Pennsylvania. There we would store up for the long winter a little slice of heaven. Everyone who was anyone in Southern Gospel music came to sing at this festival. We just soaked it all in.

So, although I am dating myself, I thought I would brighten your day with a little bit of the music we love (speaking of dating myself - we went to our first Senior Life Group meeting at church today - now that we are 60 and 61 respectively we qualify as seniors). This is my particular favorite. Although I am as Italian as you can get, I think a little bit of Hillbilly must have leaked into my blood because I love anything with a fiddle and a lot of foot stompin'. I hope this brightens your day just a little bit.




Blessings,
 
  posted at 1:44 PM
  8 comments



8 Comments:
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Barb said...

Your yearly pilgramage sounds like a lot of fun, Linda. And I've got some hillbilly in me too. I love southern gospel music!

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

Oh I do love me some Southern Gospel as well! I can only imagine how much fun the festival would have been!!!

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger Abba's Girl said...

Amen Sister!

Annette

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

I love the older traditional Southern gospel and I like some of the newer stuff. I'm hillbilly through and through. My Mama's family is from the Ozarks, really. ;o)

Hope you have a blessed weekend, Linda.

Love you, my friend,

Diane

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

We love it, too - DC has been in a quarter for over 20 years and they sing a lot of that kind of music. We love this song on a CD that we listen to and sing every song as we travel down the road. My brother worked for Gaithers back in the late 70s and it was so much fun.

 
At 1:06 AM, Blogger Linds said...

I love it! I am bouncing in the chair here with the foot tapping!

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Linds said...

I have been watching too, and that is exactly how the weather has been the past week or 2. Dire. DIRE. The sun did not last long today, but I enjoyed it while it did!

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger tonia said...

my parents used to take me to see Southern Gospel concerts when i was young. thanks for bringing back the memories!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home