About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Home and a Post on Freedom
Visiting the Grands
Good-byes
Arms of Love
A Love Story
A Letter To My Father
Sleep (or the lack thereof)
Saturday At My House
RARE BIRD SIGHTING!
The Desert

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Thursday, July 03, 2008
Happy Birthday to our Yankee Doodle Boy!






He was born on the Fourth of July and tomorrow will celebrate his 36th birthday. If I say I can't believe the years have gone so quickly, you will just think, "Everyone says that," but it's true. It really seems like only yesterday he was his little girl's age - running around with limitless energy. It just takes my breath away sometimes when I see him and his older brother with their children. I wonder when all of that happened. When did they become fathers?

He is a precious son, husband, father, brother and Pastor. He pours his heart into everything he does. The place where he works full-time recently honored him for the work he does there. The owner of the company called him his hero. It is his servant's heart that blesses everyone he comes into contact with. He quite literally spends himself for the Lord. My mother's heart worries sometimes that he will just wear himself out. He is the one who is called when the car won't start, when they need something built, when they need help with a church project at another church, when someone is in need of spiritual counseling. He never says no. He calls every day just to check on Mom and Dad.

I have seen him deal with circumstances that would have destroyed most people, with a faith that not only carries him through but encourages and blesses everyone around him. We love him dearly. He is a precious gift from God, and we are grateful.
Happy Birthday son.

And Happy Fourth of July everyone!
 
  posted at 6:53 PM
  12 comments



12 Comments:
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Pattie said...

Hi Linda -

This is my first visit to your blog. Your cheery picture of those pansies caught my eye over on Susie's blog, so I thought I'd stop by and say hello.

Happy Birthday tomorrow to your Fourth of July baby! My, how the years go by so quickly, eh? It sounds like you did a wonderful job raising such a fine young man.

Have a great Fourth of July!

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Hi Linda,
I truly do understand how fast the years fly by and wonder exactly the same thing when I look at my own two children!
Hope your son has a wonderful birthday and your family enjoys a very Happy 4th of July!
xo

 
At 2:35 AM, Blogger Linds said...

I know all about those speeding years too, Linda. Happy Birthday to your wonderful son, and Happy 4th July to you all! Have a great weekend!

 
At 6:51 AM, Blogger Sandi said...

Those years do go fast. Maybe only a child wouldn't think they do. Happy Birthday to your son. He sounds like a wonderful man.

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Donnetta said...

What a lovely tribute to your son! May he have a special birthday and may you all have a day filled with many wonderful new memories!

Happy Birthday to Him!

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger Susanne said...

What a nice tribute. Happy Birthday to your son and happy 4th of July to you!

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Happy 4th of July to you and your loved ones, dear Linda! I do hope you all had a wonderful day. Happy Birthday as well to your handsome son...they do grow up fast, don't they. I look at my two sons and wonder how they got to ages 27 and 30!!! To me they're still my babies:-) xoxo

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

Happy Birthday to your little boy, Linda, and Happy 4th of July!

Love and hugs,

Diane

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Cyndi said...

I'm in the midst of it and I feel time speeding by, too! (Now that I think of it, that's probably why my hair is always messed up... it's my kids' childhood years "whooshing" by!)

What a precious tribute from a precious mom. A happy day indeed!

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

And speaking of time flying by, I remember your post about his birthday a year ago - WHEW!!

I hope you had a wonderful 4th. We had quite a day, stopping in on everyone for a bit - we have so much family close by, and no big plan for the day, but everyone wanted a piece of us. Turned out to be a good one - and our fireworks were the best ever.

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger eph2810 said...

Happy belated birthday to your precious son, Linda. I can understand your worried heart of a mother - but we also know that our children are in God's hand - that knowledge keeps me sane - lol...

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger Kerri said...

This is a beautiful tribute, Linda. Your son sounds like someone I'd love to meet. I hope he had a wonderful 36th birthday. He's just 2 years older than our son.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home