About Me

Name: Linda

Location: Texas


I am a wife, mom and grandma. I am doing what I've wanted to do all my life. I am a Christian and I love the Lord.

My Complete Profile
Contact Me


Blogrolls
Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random

Recent Posts
Happy Birthday to our Yankee Doodle Boy!
Home and a Post on Freedom
Visiting the Grands
Good-byes
Arms of Love
A Love Story
A Letter To My Father
Sleep (or the lack thereof)
Saturday At My House
RARE BIRD SIGHTING!

Archives
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
August 2009


Search


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:



Miscellaneous
Add Snippets to your site






Subscribe with Bloglines


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Site Meter

Tuesday, July 08, 2008
THE LIGHT



This little plant lives on the window sill in our bedroom these days. I am "plant sitting" while my daughter is in France. I noticed the other day that it was growing toward the sunlight and thought what a wise little plant it is. It is drawn by the sun and reaches out to be bathed in its life-giving light. When I turn it the other way, it simply begins to grow toward the light once again.

It's persistence in seeking the light is a vivid reminder that I too must follow the one true Light. I want to be found leaning into Him.

"AGAIN THEREFORE JESUS SPOKE TO THEM, SAYING, "I AM THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD; HE WHO FOLLOWS ME SHALL NOT WALK IN THE DARKNESS, BUT SHALL HAVE THE LIGHT OF LIFE."
John 8:12

Blessings,
 
  posted at 2:21 PM
  9 comments



9 Comments:
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Sandi said...

What a wonderful reminder to be drawn to the Son. Reach for the lihgt.

 
At 1:32 AM, Blogger Linds said...

Wise little plant, Linda. I am so happy to hear your Dad is home. God is good.

 
At 6:23 AM, Blogger Abba's Girl said...

Amen Sister!

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Kim said...

Praise the Lord--Siesta.
Kim

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger Pam said...

So fun that you would post about this today, Linda.

I was just thinking the exact same thing a couple days ago as I walked the dog in the morning.

All the wildflowers were craning their "necks" toward the sun, and I thought the very same words you posted. Thank you for such an inspiring post, dear Linda.

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

AMEN... and the plant is such a great illustration. I am reminded of these words... "Leaning on Jesus, Leaning on Jesus, Safe and secure from all life's harm". I think that's the way the song went.

I love your wide window sills. Perfect for plant sitting.

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Me again, I'm glad your dad is better... I will continue to keep him (and you) in my prayers.

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Good news about Dad!

God created plants to be so wise - if we will learn the lesson!

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

I love this illustration and how God teaches us spiritual truth through everyday things.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home